Auditorium Theatre - Chicago, IL Seating (Porcupine Tree)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@GOS

The Spotify pre sale is happening on Ticketmaster right now. The password is PT2022 and there's a decent selection of seats to choose from.

• Love
Reactions: GOS
I'm glad I got to see PT in 2008.The bass player they are using now is way too busy for the intimate, progressive style of Porcupine Tree
If you are referring to the new tracks available for streaming, that bass player would be none other than Steven Wilson himself, if my information is correct. I don't think they have announced who will be playing bass on the tour but Nick Beggs would be a good bet.

Red dots are the seats I got. :)

1646937209046.png

Thatā€™s funny. Did you go to school during the 70ā€™s? I swear, half of the kids in wood shop were using the lathe to make ā€œtable lampsā€ and the teacher never caught on. It was the inmates running the asylum back then I swear. We would tell our teacher ā€œWeā€™re going up to adjust the klieg lights Mr. Carothersā€ and he would just say ā€œOk boys.ā€ Sometimes we would just stay up on the fly grid and hope that no one coughed too loud. Those were the days.

In machine shop we used the lathe to make pipes. šŸ‘Øā€šŸ­
The straight hicks would look at us with disdain - priceless! šŸ˜’

Besides @timbre4 and myself (and our respective family members) did anyone else from QQ attend last nightā€™s PT gig in Chicago?

It was incredible, even despite the fact that Steven Wilson was clearly ill and struggled a little bit vocally at times.

No spoilers in terms of older songs played, but there definitely were some surprises for sure!
Also most of the new songs came off very well live!

Even despite his illness, SW gave it his all and all members really seemed to be having a good time playing with each other!

I would be perfectly ok if this was indeed Closure.

šŸ˜Ž

Besides @timbre4 and myself (and our respective family members) did anyone else from QQ attend last nightā€™s PT gig in Chicago?

It was incredible, even despite the fact that Steven Wilson was clearly ill and struggled a little bit vocally at times.

No spoilers in terms of older songs played, but there definitely were some surprises for sure!

Even despite his illness, SW gave it his all and all members really seemed to be having a good time playing with each other!

šŸ˜Ž
I was there. It was unfortunate that Steven's voice was struggling, but it was a great show otherwise. It only impacted a few moments. I hope he can lay off the Alcohol and Cocaine. ;) I could have watched Gavin Harrison all night, he's so freaking good. It's the perfect example of a drummer who doesn't only provide rhythm, but he actually drives and shapes the song with his energy. One of the best on this planet.

In preparation for the show, I listened to the new album for the first time on Monday. I purposefully avoided listening to any of the music beforehand, so i could take it all in, brand new, in one sitting. My first gut reaction was "meh." Well mixed (of course) but none of the songs stood out and grabbed me. But when I saw them played live last night, after the show I thought to myself "Steven, you've done it again." As is so often the case with him, I appreciated the new music more the second time around. Having it played live helped, I'm sure, but his music always has deeper layers that require repeated listening in order to peel away the sonic onion. While it probably wont get the rotation that their earlier albums get from me, I dont doubt that it will grow on me after future excursions.

Was disappointed and surprised there werent more people there, though. I thought for sure it would have sold out. Great set list, audience was into it. I watched a 70 year old man banging his head like he was a teenager. Good stuff.
IMG_4639.JPG

šŸ˜Ž
Yup, awesome show. My first time in Chicago no less. Super enthusiastic crowd. Band really killed AnesthitizešŸ‘

Next stop for me is the L.A. show šŸ˜„

I was in on this one with San Diego friends until a work conflict took me out of the running. Best friend going in my place. NOTE: Another person going cannot make it down from SF bay area. One ticket for 9/30 Greek Theater available. LMK if interested ASAP! You'll be glad you went.

I was there and found it to just be ok. Band played great but the balance was way off where I was in the balcony which bummed me out immensely. Lots of bass guitar overpowering everything and a super sibilant vocal which was just annoying.

Though, where this dude was mixing from was partially the problem. Under the balcony in the hallway to walk down the main floor. Iā€™m sure it sounded great back where he was.

Also bummed that one song was cut from what the set lists have been. That good ole Chicago all ages curfew strikes again.

The one great thing is my wife LOVED it. She was just along for the ride and now wants to get into SWs head to see where his lyrics come from.

Iā€™ll be seeing him again but will probably have to curb my expectations for the mix.

I was there and found it to just be ok. Band played great but the balance was way off where I was in the balcony which bummed me out immensely. Lots of bass guitar overpowering everything and a super sibilant vocal which was just annoying.
We were Orch C row V and it seemed pretty balanced where we were. Could hear everything adequately. Mileage may vary in various locations in this palace.

We were Orch C row V and it seemed pretty balanced where we were. Could hear everything adequately. Mileage may vary in various locations in this palace.
Ah ok, I was on the left side of it in the first row. Probably just getting that low mid buildup or something. Iā€™ve learned my lesson and just need to sit in the middle of the room since Iā€™m pretty picky.

I was there. It was unfortunate that Steven's voice was struggling, but it was a great show otherwise. It only impacted a few moments. I hope he can lay off the Alcohol and Cocaine. ;) I could have watched Gavin Harrison all night, he's so freaking good. It's the perfect example of a drummer who doesn't only provide rhythm, but he actually drives and shapes the song with his energy. One of the best on this planet.

In preparation for the show, I listened to the new album for the first time on Monday. I purposefully avoided listening to any of the music beforehand, so i could take it all in, brand new, in one sitting. My first gut reaction was "meh." Well mixed (of course) but none of the songs stood out and grabbed me. But when I saw them played live last night, after the show I thought to myself "Steven, you've done it again." As is so often the case with him, I appreciated the new music more the second time around. Having it played live helped, I'm sure, but his music always has deeper layers that require repeated listening in order to peel away the sonic onion. While it probably wont get the rotation that their earlier albums get from me, I dont doubt that it will grow on me after future excursions.

Was disappointed and surprised there werent more people there, though. I thought for sure it would have sold out. Great set list, audience was into it. I watched a 70 year old man banging his head like he was a teenager. Good stuff.View attachment 83799

Well that settles it then. Evidently Chicagoland doesnā€™t deserve such a grand, old theater. I would suggest that they break down the interior and pack it off to Portland so we can return the place to itā€™s former glory!

But seriously, it is a pretty big theater right.....something like a 6,000 seater? If I am not mistaken, that is the same theater that ABBA played in 1979. In Portland they played in a 3,000 seater. Can you imagine ABBA playing those kinds of places in their prime? Crazy huh.

Well that settles it then. Evidently Chicagoland doesnā€™t deserve such a grand, old theater. I would suggest that they break down the interior and pack it off to Portland so we can return the place to itā€™s former glory!

But seriously, it is a pretty big theater right.....something like a 6,000 seater? If I am not mistaken, that is the same theater that ABBA played in 1979. In Portland they played in a 3,000 seater. Can you imagine ABBA playing those kinds of places in their prime? Crazy huh.
3875 seats, to be exact. I would say it was about 75% full

Speaking of ABBA, I just finished a production of "Mamma Mia" at one of the regional theatres in town. I'm on the left. Comparisons to Non from "Supeman II" have already made the rounds. You're welcome.

c11da55e-1375-4fd6-945a-023aaf9a69cd.jpg

Back