BluRay Music Video Poll Big Big Train - A FLARE ON THE LENS [Blu-Ray]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BD of Big Big Train - A FLARE ON THE LENS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this brand new concert film from Big Big Train entitled "A Flare on the Lens".
Available as a 3 CD/Blu-Ray set, the Blu-Ray features the entire concert film with 5.1 surround audio

(y) :) (n)

71Qc792wm9L._SL1500_.jpg

10 from me (y). Another superb live surround release from this excellent band.

I was at this gig and the sound was a little muddy at times, so its great to get this crystal clear sounding release. The fidelity is great and the surround mix is excellent too. Every Big Big Train surround mix makes good use of the rears for backing vocals. Its also used for amongst other things, violin, organ and the brass section. For example, towards the end of Summoned By Bells and throughout the Drums and Brass instrumental, the brass instruments are isolated around the speakers to great effect.

The band are excellent to watch too. All BBT fans miss David Longdon terribly, but Alberto Bravin is doing a great job. He's an excellent frontman and team player within this talented band.

I'm going to get a lot of enjoyment from this disc.

Great review Col 👍
Not much more to add to your positive comments.
I was going to the show at The Cadogan Hall last year, with my brother but he was unwell...😕
Unfortunately the sound was a bit muddy eh , Col...😕
It's taking me awhile getting used to not seeing and hearing David's stage presence.
But the new man, Alberto, is a fine replacement and a team player which should keep BBT going for many more years.
Rob Aubrey's mixing skills are exemplary.
10 10 to they do it again.

Back