HiRez Poll Bowie, David - THE RISE AND FALL OF ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS [Blu-ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of David Bowie - THE RISE AND FALL OF ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Hello, Ken Scott here, I just wanted to stop by and thank you all so much for your comments, even the rough ones, about my first foray into the world of ATMOS. I have to say that I'm proud of what Emre and I did and it is so gratifying to see that others enjoy it too. It was never meant to be better than the original just different so I just have to hope that going forward both versions are available. Once again, thanks.
Cheers,
Ken
All the thanks to you, Mr. Scott for taking on this project and doing such a wonderful job. I only hope it’s the first of many (Crime of the Century…..Crime of the Century…..Crime of the Century)

Speak to Universal. PLEASE speak to Universal.
Ken, this is really great news that you've joined our little band of music surround enthusiasts.

If you would like to confirm the details of who to contact, consider it done 👍

I and many others, pray for the release of 'Crime of the Century' in surround let alone Atmos.
Such a truly fantastic release.
It's certainly in my top five of albums.

By the way, I thought your Atmos decision making with 'Spiders From Mars' was very tastefully done.

Hello, Ken Scott here, I just wanted to stop by and thank you all so much for your comments, even the rough ones, about my first foray into the world of ATMOS. I have to say that I'm proud of what Emre and I did and it is so gratifying to see that others enjoy it too. It was never meant to be better than the original just different so I just have to hope that going forward both versions are available. Once again, thanks.
Cheers,
Ken
Bravo 👏
Keep up the good work - especially with other classic Bowie titles - please!!! 🙏🏼

Cheers,
Ken
Thanks for joining, its great to hear from people who actually do the mixes.

For Crime Of The Century, an album I've loved since it first came out, and would be great in Atmos, which Dept. do we email at Universal?

As we've not seen any before would Supertramp object to an Atmos mix?

Now that Ken Scott posted here, I went back to check my comments where I rated the mix as an 8. Posted after my first listen and my beef was based mainly on not being wowed like I was with the Atmos Larks Tongues. Perhaps not a fair point of reference but I'll revisit after I digest Apostrophe.

Good afternoon everyone,
Once again, thank you for all your comments. Just a couple of things to point out.
As far as drum sounds go, I NEVER compress or limit drums unless I'm trying to recreate the Ringo sound. The Fairchild 660 was such an important part of his sound.
I'm sorry about Ronno's guitars ( & the SC ARP ) but the more you push one thing the more you lose something else and I really wanted to show David's vocals off in this mix, he was so amazing.
And finally about Ziggy, the rears. I thought we used them quite effectively but YEMV.
Oh my my, Crime. I agree wholeheartedly about Crime in ATMOS. All I can say is it is in discussion. I was being a little flippant when I suggested writing to Universal as they are the decision makers. The band, management and I are all for it, the label hopefully moving in the right direction. I got to listen to an original tape of Crime the other week with Miles Showell, hint hint, and I have to say I was blown away by how good it sounded after living with the less than great versions released over the years.
I truly hope I get to visit here again to see your views on future ATMOS mixes of mine and Emre's.
Cheers,
Ken

Listened to Atmos mix again. One thing I noticed both times was that the mix has a very analog sound. To the extent that I found myself listening for surface noise like I was playing a vinyl record. Is it the greatest Atmos mix? I'm comfortable with my rating and it's a worthy successor to the old 5.1. More engaging than the recent Bridge of Sighs, which shares a more front centric approach. Most of my surround discs are in the prog realm and are perhaps better suited to more expansive multichannel mixes. In my book, 8 is a good rating and worth a purchase. 5.2.2 system.

Back