Christmas in August

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce00

QQ Supporter
My QXR 9001, that has been is storage for 50yrs, has arrived back home after a full restoration by the fine folks at QXR restore ( Vintage Stereo in Oregon)
BUT, there has been a few setbacks to getting it up and running here at home.

I purchase a 2 drawer nightstand to put the Sansui on, next to my small rack.
The nightstand has been sitting, in the box, awaiting the arrival of the 9001, so Tuesday night I go to assemble it
To my surprise, this bedroom night table, is TINY!!! I was so $#@&* off that I threw all the parts in the trash
It was like a miniature piece for a dollhouse:mad:

So the next day, I went to clean the pump and filter in my 75 gal aquarium, before I ran the new speaker wire and moved the furniture around.
Started refilling the tank with a hose.........................and then I forgot what I was doing, while out in the garage:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Came back in the house and my just installed new carpeting was under water, and when I stood barefoot on the carpet, the water covered my feet!
I have a 16gal Ridgid wet/dry vacuum, that I emptied 3 times.........So now 3 days later w/ fans running, (I pulled the fans out of my Christmas blow up decorations for the front yard) the carpet is dry, but there is water under the padding.

And ofcourse the house sounds like a jet engine test lab

I have now pulled up a corner of the carpet and have fans blowing between the padding and floor. Iam debating just saying screw it, move everything out of the livingroom and rip carpet and padding up.................
Still can't believe I pulled such a bonehead move

The happiest day, turned into a friggin nightmare......................So hows your day going?

Attachments

• Sansui wet welcome.jpg
    Sansui wet welcome.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 6
  • Sansui back home.jpg
    Sansui back home.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Sansui Restored.jpg
    Sansui Restored.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
So sorry to hear of this............things can go south in life in a nano second.

I hope you get everything dried out and no fish died.

Sure hope the 9001 is working now.......if not put it inside the aquarium for the fish to enjoy.

Day 3 the mildew smell is apparent. I've decided to move the fish to a temporary tank, drain the big tank, and move it out of the room. Move furniture to one end of the 10x20 room and then rip up the carpet and pad and go from there......
I've waited this long to hear my old girl, so what's another month?
Beyond pissed at my stupid mistake

Back