HiRez Poll Lennon, John - MIND GAMES [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of John Lennon - MIND GAMES

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this brand new super deluxe edition of the classic album "Mind Games" by John Lennon.
This super deluxe edition contains 6 CDs and 2 Blu-Ray Audio discs with TONS of audio content, most notably the original 1973 album remixed in stereo, 5.1 surround, and Dolby Atmos.

(y) :) (n)

91XJL065PqL._SL1500_.jpg

9136BwNKJ8L._SL1500_.jpg

I voted 10.
The box set to beat all box sets. I won't bore you with everything you can read about Mind Games on QQ and Youtube videos.

The mixing department-Sean and Yoko and others took great liberties with making of all the mixes. I really enjoyed there dedication and enthusiasm in the 6 different Atmos versions to listen to. The sound, clarity and depth is superb.

The box set with tons of hidden stuff, a game to play, etc is over the top in the world of box sets. Great lay out, liner notes, pictures.

Ripping: Wow, quite a chore, if your into that. My listening has been all the 6 Atmos versions. My favorite probably Evolution Documentary.

I really don't think I need to go big into why I love this besides it is done so extremely well and really fun. On the flip side, I could see some people not liking this as there is so many liberties (and content) with mixes. Someone could say,"I don't want to pay for all this extra jazz, just give me a stereo, 5.1 and Atmos of the original".

PLEASE KEEP POLL THREADS PURE TO YOUR LISTENING EXPERIENCE ONLY

I must admit I wasn't familiar with this album apart from the title track—and I listened to it last night in Atmos (The Ultimate Mixes) with my Beatles fanatic buddy.

I know from him that this album tends to be ranked toward the bottom when it comes to Lennon's solo output, but I have to say, I really, really enjoyed it—content, production, surround experience and all.

I've seen people talking about how this remedies the muddiness of the old-school stereo mixes... and like I said, I didn't have that experience to compare it to, but I thought it sounded absolutely fabulous. Immersive, great separation, crisp and clean, some great 70's pop production, and the surrounds used very tastefully and not gimmicky at all. Just really gorgeous.

I'm sold on spending more time with Lennon's solo output!

Someone voted six and has not commented. Personally, I'm still working through the music, but defs my vote will be better than that.

This has always been my fave Lennon album and even now, with the Imagine and Plastic boxsets on my shelf, for me, this album very much looks to be staying my favourite. I promise I'll vote soon.

Back