Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One question, although I don't think it can be done with MMH: I need to join a mkv file with video with another mkv file with Atmos audio, video being 20 seconds longer than the audio. How can I join the files so that I audio starts 20 seconds after the video? Can MMH insert 20 seconds of silence at the beginning of the Atmos mkv?
Thanks!

You’ll need to use MKVToolNix to delay the audio stream by 20000 (microseconds)

I'm seeing a couple of errors when tagging during the Extract Audio from MKV process (v8.0.0). . Once I select Get tags from MusicBrainz and enter the Artist and Album, if I click on get artwork and then double click the cover art I see

Thanks for reporting. I’ll take a look later today.

I tried and got the same disappearing installation. I get as far as allowing the program to make changes to my hard drive and then nothing happens.

Can you see if your c:\program files folder contains a sub-folder: ‘Music Media Helper 8’

Music Media Helper Version 8.0.1 released:

Version 8.0.1 (June 12 2024)
-------------
Fixes:
Tagging from Musicbrainz dialog: MMH 8.0.0 failed with GDI+ error downloading Cover & Discart from Fanart.tv - fixed @Nevrim

Get the new MMH 8 installer here:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh8/publish.htm

To all MMH users,

It’s that time of year again and we’re off into the AU outback again for about 6 weeks. Coolest time of year out there. We’re heading up to Brisbane on the east coast to visit my mum (still going strong at 87) then cut west to Northern Territory and up to Darwin (the only AU city bombed in WWII). We’re in the tropics up there and this is the dry season. Rains every day in our summer months. 100% humidity then, so winter (now) is best time to visit. Cold nights but still 30 degC during the day.

Our youngest daughter is working in Katherine Northern Territory as a construction engineer. We’ll spend about 3 weeks with her in Katherine and travelling around NT to Darwin and down to Uluru (Ayres Rock).

This trip will be just over 9,000km return. Last year were clocked 12,000km.

I will have some internet access on this trip so should be able to get onto QQ regularly, but there may be 2 or 3 spells where I won’t get access for a couple of days or so. So you may have to wait for me to see posts here. I won’t have access to MMH source code so any bugs found will have to wait until my return home in early August for a fix.

THX
Garry

EDIT:
MMH 8.0.2 update released today:

Version 8.0.2 (June 18 2024)
-------------
Fixes:
Resample tool: MMH 8.0.0 Changing bit depth was ignored - fixed

Changes:
Launcher dialog resized (height decreased)

Get the MMH 8.0.2 installer here:

Last edited:
To all MMH users,

It’s that time of year again and we’re off into the AU outback again for about 6 weeks. Coolest time of year out there. We’re heading up to Brisbane on the east coast to visit my mum (still going strong at 87) then cut west to Northern Territory and up to Darwin (the only AU city bombed in WWII). We’re in the tropics up there and this is the dry season. Rains every day in our summer months. 100% humidity then, so winter (now) is best time to visit. Cold nights but still 30 degC during the day.

Our youngest daughter is working in Katherine Northern Territory as a construction engineer. We’ll spend about 3 weeks with her in Katherine and travelling around NT to Darwin and down to Uluru (Ayres Rock).

I will have some internet access on this trip so should be able to get onto QQ regularly, but there may be 2 or 3 spells where I won’t get access for a couple of days or so. So you may have to wait for me to see posts here. I won’t have access to MMH source code so any bugs found will have to wait until my return home in early August for a fix.

I will post a new MMH 8 release later today or tomorrow before I depart.

THX
Garry
Safe travels!

To all MMH users,

THX
Garry

EDIT:
MMH 8.0.2 update released today:

Version 8.0.2 (June 18 2024)
-------------
Fixes:
Resample tool: MMH 8.0.0 Changing bit depth was ignored - fixed

Changes:
Launcher dialog resized (height decreased)

Get the MMH 8.0.2 installer here:
Thats a long drive from Melbourne, have fun, stay safe - isn't it Freshwater Croc & Salty Croc habitat?

Thats a long drive from Melbourne, have fun, stay safe - isn't it Freshwater Croc & Salty Croc habitat?

Here’s a big Salty caught near Katherine a couple years ago, that’s all fresh water there around 350km from the coast.

Rangers in the NT have finally caught the crocodile they’ve been hunting for nearly a decade.

The whopping 4.71metre croc was caught near Katherine on Monday.

According to a statement from the Department of Tourism and Culture, he weighed almost 600kg and around 60years old.

IMG_0524.jpeg

I'm trying to use it to create a 5.1.2 audio file with a 7.1 audio file.
The little drop down menu to choose my output layout is not there to choose from.
It wont continue cuz I can't choose.
Your media helper 7 works but version 8 has a bug when trying to convert a 7.1 wav file to 5.1.2.
The options are not appearing to pick & choose. Please fix ... HUGS 2U OOOO

I’m on holiday so no chance to look at this until I get home at end of July. You’ll need to use MMH 7 Atmos Helper for 7.1.2 until I can post a fix.

Just want to say your tool is simply fantastic, and has replaced almost all my old audio tools.
Request: Can you add an acknowledgement that MMH 8 has been installed? Also it leaves the old MMH 7 installed, maybe have option to remove it?

Request: Can you add an acknowledgement that MMH 8 has been installed? Also it leaves the old MMH 7 installed, maybe have option to remove it?

I’ve left MMH 7 untouched so users can run that if an issue is found in the initial MMH 8 release. They are independent.

You can uninstall MMH 7 from Windows, Settings, Apps.

Hope the holiday is going well :)

I'm seeing a couple of errors when tagging during the Extract Audio from MKV process (v8.0.0). . Once I select Get tags from MusicBrainz and enter the Artist and Album, if I click on get artwork and then double click the cover art I see :
View attachment 106465

There is a folder.jpg created in the folder but it has 0 bytes.

In addition, when you move to the Rename files stage, it gives the following error for each track, although it seems to continue and rename correctly but I guess its related to the image issue above perhaps :
View attachment 106466

The files can have the cover art added manually and play fine so its just an inconvenience ;)
Hello Garry,

I've observed this using 6.4.8, 7.1.25 and 8.0.2 when I scrape a concert folder. The artist pictures are not saved. See attached picture. This is what I get when I press "Save Art Only". The GDI+ error is shown when I do this in 8.0.2. The rest is working. Info: I use an attached drive at my raspberry pi that is mapped to my windows computer. There are the videos stored.

Don't be eaten by a crocodile! Have a pleasant holiday. Best regards, Mike

Attachments

• mmh7-1-25-save-art-only.jpg
    mmh7-1-25-save-art-only.jpg
    5.6 KB
Hope the holiday is going well :)

I'm seeing a couple of errors when tagging during the Extract Audio from MKV process (v8.0.0). . Once I select Get tags from MusicBrainz and enter the Artist and Album, if I click on get artwork and then double click the cover art I see :
View attachment 106465

There is a folder.jpg created in the folder but it has 0 bytes.

In addition, when you move to the Rename files stage, it gives the following error for each track, although it seems to continue and rename correctly but I guess its related to the image issue above perhaps :
View attachment 106466

The files can have the cover art added manually and play fine so its just an inconvenience ;)
I have the same issue when trying to get an artwork from MusicBrainz. Using 8.0.2

Hi @HomerJAU I've run into an issue that I can't get around. Ripping my own disc of course, nothing nefarious.

The new Mind Games Blu-ray has the first chapter as 9:18 of just the main menu where someone can select tracks for playback. Chapter two starts the music. However, MMH, MKVCleaver, etc... can only extract the first chapter before crapping out.

I looked at all the extractable files, output from MKVCleaver, and see chapter one ends at 00:09:18.015791666. This is exactly where the Dolby Reference Player also craps out.

We've seen issues like this in the past. Most of them I can find a way around. This one seems more difficult. Gor forbid I play the music I purchased the way I'd like.

Any help is much appreciated.

P.S. Of course right after I posted this, I believe I figuerd it out. More to come.

Back