New member on board

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimster58

Greetings fellow quadrophoniacs!
I just recently began building a multi channel system years after being a 2 channel stereo listener.
I heard about this forum from a couple you tubers I follow and hope to learn as I go along my quad journey. So far I've only picked up a handful of quad titles and plan on purchasing many more. I mostly listen to what I consider the golden age of rock, that being recordings from
late 1960 through 1970's music. Hope to talk and hear from many of you real soon

I just recently began building a multi channel system years after being a 2 channel stereo listener.
I heard about this forum from a couple you tubers I follow and hope to learn as I go along my quad journey. So far I've only picked up a handful of quad titles and plan on purchasing many more. I mostly listen to what I consider the golden age of rock, that being recordings from
late 1960 through 1970's music. Hope to talk and hear from many of you real soon
Welcome to the family Jim. Looking forward to your future posts!

Great to have you here Jim (fellow 'ster.)

Are you collecting analog (LP, Q8 or other) Quad titles or are you modern digital at this point?

Great to have you here Jim (fellow 'ster.)

Are you collecting analog (LP, Q8 or other) Quad titles or are you modern digital at this point?
Left vinyl long ago. I had sold off my CD collection a few years ago and thought I'd go streaming (Amazon Prime Music) from here on out, which was fine but I missed collecting and owning physical media.
While browsing online I came across some SACD's and Multi Channel cd's and got curious.
I hadn't really thought about quad since the early seventies.
Since I had an extra pair of speakers I picked up an older marantz AVR and ordered a Derek and Dominos and an Allman Brothers SACD and suddenly I have a new hobby.
I've since purchased some of the Rhino Quadio releases, Alice Cooper Billion Dollar Babies and a Doobie Brothers 4 disc set that was released 4 years ago. I'm now hooked on quad and 5.1.
I've yet to try DVD-a but I will definitely be sticking with multi channel discs from now on.

Back