Odd playback issue - seeking advice

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theogluck1

So, here’s an odd situation/question.

I have a Marantz SR6010 and it gets its signal from my Sony UBP-X800M2 via HDMI. I am beyond certain that I have played back conventional 2.0 CDs and they play back as 2.0 stereo. Now suddenly the 2.0 discs are “up mixed” to 5.1 (per my ears) as well as the superimposed Marantz diagnostic display on my TV that shows both 2.0 source input and 7.1 “active speakers”. I swear it never did this before and I am certain I didn’t chage any settings…(or maybe I did inadvertently, but how)? My SACD and dts discs playback just fine, but for some reason now my stereo discs are pseudo surround. Any thoughts or suggestions? Many thanks in advance for guidance.

I’d check the Sound Mode on the Marantz. While playing a regular 2 channel stereo CD, press the Red MUSIC button under SOUND MODE on your Marantz remote control. It will display the various Modes available while playing this type of media and allow you to select the Mode you want to use.

I’d check the Sound Mode on the Marantz. While playing a regular 2 channel stereo CD, press the Red MUSIC button under SOUND MODE on your Marantz remote control. It will display the various Modes available while playing this type of media and allow you to select the Mode you want to use.
And….eureka! MANY thanks!

Back