Porcupine Tree's "Fear Of A Blank Planet" is Coming - Again, Deluxe Box Set w Blu Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It had better be Atmos or it won't sell as well as it could. I have (one) of the 5.1s, and it sounds good enough.

Too much coming out now! Not complaining (well, I'm not, but my wallet is, since its divorce from me has not yet been finalized;
maybe by turning down this we'll somehow work things out).

This is the next deluxe set in the procession. They did In Absentia, Deadwing, and now FoaBP. They're reissues of the surround on bluray with an artbook, CD demos, etc added.

Here's BurningShed pre-order with full specs - no Atmos as predicted:
https://burningshed.com/porcupine-tree_fear-of-a-blank-planet_boxset
1724576603283.png

Demos, sessions and live material on CD, but apparently no Atmos mix on the blu-ray. For that much money, it's a head scratcher IMHO. Since I already own two DVDA 5.1 editions, Transmission and Roadrunner, with Nil Recurring, I'm definitely passing on this. However, if anyone missed the previous MC releases this will be attractive, though overpriced. Definitely peak PT.

Courtesy of: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thre...ox-set-coming-10-25-24.1208371/#post-35101197

CD 1 (2024 remaster of Fear Of A Blank Planet)

CD 2 (2024 remaster of Nil Recurring)

plus Bonus Track
5. Fear Of A Blank Planet Tour Live intro) [2:02]

CD 3 - Demos

1. Fear Of A Blank Planet [7:01]
2. My Ashes [5:09]
3. Anesthetize [16:49]
4. Sentimental [5:03]
5. Cheating The Polygraph [7:07]
6. Sleep Together [7:26]
7. Always Recurring [3:49]
8. Hey Sleeper [3:36]

CD 4 - Live at Garage, Saarbrucken, 23 September 2006

1. Fear Of A Blank Planet [9:05]
2. My Ashes [5:44]
3. Anesthetize [17:12]
4. Sentimental [5:07]
5. Cheating The Polygraph [6:58]
6. Sleep Together [8:11]

CD 5
  • BBC Session, Maida Vale, 13 April 2007 (available on PT Bandcamp)
  • Live in store performance, Park Avenue, Orlando, 4 October 2007 (Previous released as We Lost the Skyline)

(and then later in the thread...)
Yes, there is a Blu-ray too. I just copy pasted the CD info to summarise what was 'new' (didn't think they'd take the product info down).

The Blu ray had all of FOABP and Nil Recurring, and promo videos from the time iirc. I don't recall what audio formats were on the Blu ray though

There is a funny message when you click the dead link.
It’s even more concerning than he/she/it thinks... the product doesn't exist, and I’m logged into my account but he/she/it still doesn’t know me.

Even machines have doubts and self-esteem issues.

Last edited:
CD 1 (2024 remaster of Fear Of A Blank Planet)

CD 2 (2024 remaster of Nil Recurring)
Honestly, this is what I'm most looking forward to. Steven's In Absentia and Deadwing remasters were massive improvements on the originals. Fear of a Blank Planet was not as over-compressed as the previous two albums, but could still benefit from greater dynamic range.

Back