• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sansui QRX-5500 and 5500a

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob.stek

QQ Supporter
The cabinets are in rough shape but both units seem to work - that is, I had speakers hooked up to all four channels about 2 years ago and they all sounded okay (given the crappy little speakers used). Yesterday I tested both again using stereo headphones both front and rear - again, it sounded okay given that I was listening to a local AM and FM station (without an antenna). So these are prime for restoration. The Mic Mixing Level shaft is bent but operable on the 5500a. The Speakers selector switch on the 5500 is bent but operable and missing the knob. Due to size and weight I would much prefer local delivery and I will travel up to 75 miles from Naugatuck, CT to meet. However I can also deliver to a local pack and ship UPS store and supervise packing if you wish. I can sell either one alone or both. I'd rather they go to a quaddie here rather than put them on eBay. So be reasonable in making an offer.Don't bother offering any less than $250 each.
PXL_20240813_161204643.MP.jpg
PXL_20240813_162019587.jpg

Wow - that was fast! I just sold the 5500A to a local audiophile for $400 (unless of course he doesn't show up to get it!)

Nope, he didn't show and ignores text messages.

Last edited:
Back