HiRez Poll Thin Lizzy - 1976 (JAILBREAK & JOHNNY THE FOX) [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Thin Lizzy - 1976 (JAILBREAK & JOHNNY THE FOX)

• 10: Terrific Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this new release from Thin Lizzy entitled "1976".
This new release combines together both of Thin Lizzy's albums from 1976, "Jailbreak" and "Johnny the Fox".
Both albums have been remixed in Dolby Atmos and 5.1 surround by Richard Whittaker.
The Blu-Ray was available exclusively through the SDE online store, but there is also a 5 CD/Blu-Ray deluxe edition available as well.

(y) :) (n)

91Wptl1RXzL._SL1500_.jpg

Lizzy_bluray.jpg
81vkPyYAFiL._SL1500_.jpg

I voted 6.

8 for the music.
5 for the 5.1/atmos
7 For the menu/overall disc navigation
No extras - which is a shame.

After a good thorough couple of listens I think 5 is a fair score for the mix. It's not very discrete, but the music is good and compared to my old CDs sounds much improved.

I'm glad I purchased it 👍🏻

Would love to get more info on the Atmos mix. I have a copy of the box on hold at my local brick-and-mortar, but I'm buying primarily for the surround mix. Given all the other purchases I've made recently, I'd be happy to save some cash if the surround is truly disappointing.

Back