HiRez Poll XTC - SKYLARKING [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of XTC - SKYLARKING

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this new Blu-Ray Audio edition of the classic album "Skylarking" by XTC.
Originally remixed in 5.1 surround by Steven Wilson in 2016, this new Blu-Ray Audio edition contains a new Dolby Atmos mix also mixed by Steven Wilson alongside Steven Wilson's 5.1 surround mix from 2016.

xtc_skylarking-dolby-atmos_cd_blu-ray.png

This is a review of the atmos mix of the album as I don’t have time (or inclination) for most extras…drum roll…10. Mr Wilson has that knack for approaching mixes that enhance the artistry and impact of the music. The songwriting and musicianship is generally strong as is the production. I don’t recall the 5.1 version being this good. Worth the upgrade.

Mr Wilson needs his own poll thread for every release he's mixed in Dolby Atmos.

I keep saying to myself can he get any better with each new release that he's mixed in Dolby Atmos?

It's a fantastic skill to have.
And for a Dolby Atmos fanboy like me, it's like I'm in total surround heaven.

This new XTC mix just transforms Skylarking beyond anything you've heard before.

Don't hesitate folks, it really is that good.
Infinity (10)

Back