Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New to MMH. I downloaded latest 8 beta and I extracted some wav files from mkv files. I used the tag feature to input tag info into them.

I later tried to use the mp3tag freeware I normally use to add cover art to these converted wavs but mp3tag was unable to write any new tags to these MMH converted files. I also tried using MMH converted files that were not tagged by MMH with the same result.

I have been using mp3tag to tag hundreds of files without a hitch. I tried Mp3tag on other wav files I had previously ripped and the program worked fine with them.

Also, when I load the converted wavs that were tagged by MMH into mp3tag, I could not see any of the tag info.

The MMH converted files seem to play OK. Just wondering why, the MMH converted wav files seem to be incompatible with mp3tag?

New to MMH. I downloaded latest 8 beta and I extracted some wav files from mkv files. I used the tag feature to input tag info into them.

I later tried to use the mp3tag freeware I normally use to add cover art to these converted wavs but mp3tag was unable to write any new tags to these MMH converted files. I also tried using MMH converted files that were not tagged by MMH with the same result.

I have been using mp3tag to tag hundreds of files without a hitch. I tried Mp3tag on other wav files I had previously ripped and the program worked fine with them.

Also, when I load the converted wavs that were tagged by MMH into mp3tag, I could not see any of the tag info.

The MMH converted files seem to play OK. Just wondering why, the MMH converted wav files seem to be incompatible with mp3tag?
Use FLAC. WAV files aren't universally supported for tagging.

No idea except if your files are > 2GB? Can you provide more info? Were these split into chapters etc?

I am trying out the channel volume tool. A little unsure about the math needed to use gain function properly.

In the attached image I have Door's Break on Through to the Other Side.wav. The rears are almost non-existent and I want to raise their volume.

Questions are: raise gain relative to peak or rms values? I presume left rear to left front, right rear to right front?

If as noted, rears should be 3 dbs lower than fronts, using rms value, I figure gain would be 11.06 dbs gain for left rear and would be 9.74 dbs for right rear?

Using peak value, gain would be different for both rears. Any clarification would be helpful. Thanks.

Attachments

• MMH.JPG
    MMH.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 0
Use RMS values but never increase so the peak reaches 0 (causing clipping).

You should also verify by listening. You may decide to alter the levels further. Personally I think the ‘-3db for surrounds’ rule can be broken. I like my rears to be clearly heard rather than buried. Depending on what’s in the rears you can often match fronts and rear levels IMO.

I don't know if this is something you can control/fix but if I use the Windows 'virtual desktops' feature the conclusion dialog from a "Split & Join Media Files" action will sometimes pop-up not on the virtual desktop where the program is running. Sometimes it's on whatever virtual desktop is running, but not always?

Steps to repeat:
Hold Windows-Tab and use that to create a new virtual desktop.
Start MMH on that virtual desktop
Select the "Split and Join Media Files" action and set up a series of joins that'll take a minute or two.
Press Windows-Tab and switch to a different desktop and do other things
The OK dialog from MMH may or may not pop-up on the active desktop.

I typically have 3 virtual desktops in regular use. It just aids my workflows better. So I'm often kicking off a long edit or join from one desktop and then switching to another to get other work done in the meantime. It's been a odd source of irritation to have to go on a bug-hunt to figure out on which virtual desktop that Ok dialog has gotten marooned.

It's a low priority issue, to be sure, but if you happen to find an easy way to pin all of MMH's dialogs to the source virtual desktop, it'd be much appreciated.

It's a low priority issue, to be sure, but if you happen to find an easy way to pin all of MMH's dialogs to the source virtual desktop, it'd be much appreciated.

I’ll take a look at this and see what I come up with. Maybe I should remove the Ok dialog or use an auto close dialog.

Thanks for the detailed information to help me replicate the issue.

I’ll take a look at this and see what I come up with. Maybe I should remove the Ok dialog or use an auto close dialog.

Thanks for the detailed information to help me replicate the issue.

Auto-close would be nice.

Though when doing a lot of join operations it's nice to know the total count that succeeded, if just as a way to know if the total selected from adding whole subfolders matches the results created.

That or have the status bar at the bottom of the window show not just the total FILES to be processed, but also show the total number of joins that will be made.

If I have a set of 20 folders, totaling 72 files across all of them, all I see on the status bar is that '72 files to process'. It'd be nice if it mentioned in the status bar that 20 joined files were going to be created.

It'd be fine to remove the "(You can add another folder or individual files)" text if it makes the status bar text size unwieldy. That or make it a tooltip.

There are scenarios where one or more of the subfolders might only have a single media file in them, thus a join wouldn't happen on them. Knowing that I have 23 folders (seen via the File Explorer) and only seeing 20 in MMH would clue me into the fact there's three folders that need different handling. That's where my workflow has used the modal dialog as a double-check against a File Explorer detail list.

Back