Alphaville "Forever Young" BD-A w/ Atmos (Warner) 7/5/2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received an email from SDE this morning and got so excited, I placed an order quickly thinking it was an SDE Exclusive release, only afterwards, I saw it wasn’t. 🤪

One of the most played albums in my collection for years. I purchase their follow-up album and, at the time, wasn’t too impressed. So, gave up on them.
Yeah. The follow up album "Afternoons in Utopia" I thought was a stinker. Played it once. Never listened to anything new by them after that.

I'd just like to state here that I was wrong assuming that the band/IME might have not had the original multi-tracks to work with - in the documentary Never Grow Up - The Story of Forever Young you can clearly see and hear many of those (it originally appeared on a DVD off the SDE of Forever Young in 2019).

And actually, as there was another Alphaville Atmos mix before, you can listen to half of the album in symphonic versions here:
https://tidal.com/album/226849628?u
Finally, you can check out rocking cover of Big in Japan on this SACD by Guano Apes:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/guano-apes-dont-give-me-names-sacd.31988

Absolutely love this album, but I'm a bit concerned the Atmos mix won't add much to it. Perhaps worth getting if there is a new stereo mix as well?? Anyway, any USA retailers listing this yet?

I have been a big fan of Alphaville since the 80's. I listened to the Atmos mix on Apple music and was very unimpressed with it. Doesn't appear to be much other than some reverb and ambience. Contrasting this with an EoH upmix from a while ago, the latter is far superior! Needless to say, I am not sure I see much sense in getting this.

Jeez,
I have been a big fan of Alphaville since the 80's. I listened to the Atmos mix on Apple music and was very unimpressed with it. Doesn't appear to be much other than some reverb and ambience. Contrasting this with an EoH upmix from a while ago, the latter is far superior! Needless to say, I am not sure I see much sense in getting this.
Classic 80s synth pop album.

Those of you who don't know who this band is but consider yourselves music fans should be ashamed of yourselves! Music didn't stop in 1978 you know! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But sad if the mix isn't good. Hopefully the reviews will be better once the physical disc is released.

And here I am listening to this classic album in Dolby Atmos.

I wasn't sure what mix we were going to get but suffice to say it's not bad at all. True it could be better but hey ho, I'm happy.

Or is it because my attention is taken up by watching England v Switzerland in the footy Euros ..it's 1 1 and heading for extra time.

Edit
Actually I'm enjoying this release.👍

Last edited:
Back