Billy Joel - Piano Man 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition (Mch SACD of Quad mix from Sony Japan)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp my love affair ended as quickly as it began.......LOL, story of my life

I've had alot of life, plus doctors, get in the way the past couple days.........So get up this morning and go to enjoy my first cup of coffee with Billy Joel. Thats were things took a downturn, it seems my SACD's from CDJapan will not play in my Sony X800M2, Iam guessing the members that buy from them have Oppo's. The regular CD in the Billy Joel 3 pack plays fine, so atleast I have that. I pull out the remaining disc, a DVD and slide that into my Panasonic BlueRay hooked up to the TV and I get a NoPLAY from the player......

Guess I should be happy I can play 1 out 5 discs, So....what day do the new Quadios drop :p
The DVD is Region 2 so that would explain that error. However, my X800M2 plays the Piano Man SACD just fine. Very strange that you’re encountering that!
I couldn't remember whether I played the SACD on the Oppo or the Sony X800MkII. So I've just tried it on the Sony and it plays without any issues (no scratches on the disc either)

I've had alot of life, plus doctors, get in the way the past couple days.........So get up this morning and go to enjoy my first cup of coffee with Billy Joel. Thats were things took a downturn, it seems my SACD's from CDJapan will not play in my Sony X800M2, Iam guessing the members that buy from them have Oppo's. The regular CD in the Billy Joel 3 pack plays fine, so atleast I have that. I pull out the remaining disc, a DVD and slide that into my Panasonic BlueRay hooked up to the TV and I get a NoPLAY from the player......

Guess I should be happy I can play 1 out 5 discs, So....what day do the new Quadios drop :p
My X800M2 also plays the Piano Man SACD just fine.

What error are you getting exactly when you put the disc in the player? Is it just not recognizing it entirely? Are you getting no sound?

Perhaps the issue is related to having chosen DSD over PCM playbac
THANK YOU for that suggestion.........As that seems to have been the issue and I now have SACD playing. and using this junk receiver/amp the sounds fills the room.
Can't hardly wait for my 9001 Sansui to return home after the refurb, so I'll quit complaining.......yeah right:rolleyes:

I emailed cdjapan customer support a couple of days ago and they got back to me this evening. They informed me that they could only ship replacement discs to addresses in Japan. Anyway, my copies play flawlessly from disc, plus I have them ripped to SACD.iso and DVD.iso. At this point in my surround journey I always play from digital files so my glass is more than half full.
I got the same response when I emailed them. Sadly.

Back