Bitstreaming with Foobar? Fact or fiction?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandrix

Senior Surround Collector
QQ Supporter
I've seen it stated here on QQ that Foobar will bitstream. Yet, if I play anything Atmos, it is reaching my AVR over HDMI as pcm.
If you are confident that Foobar will bitstream, then please do give details. Nothing I have done, been told to do, will allow Foobar to bitstream Atmos.
The output is always pcm. But if it will indeed bitstream, that would be indeed very nice.
Thanks.

I've seen it stated here on QQ that Foobar will bitstream. Yet, if I play anything Atmos, it is reaching my AVR over HDMI as pcm.
If you are confident that Foobar will bitstream, then please do give details. Nothing I have done, been told to do, will allow Foobar to bitstream Atmos.
The output is always pcm. But if it will indeed bitstream, that would be indeed very nice.
Thanks.
I've loudly wished for bitstreaming in foobar, but never seen anyone claim that it can. VLC Player, yes, but for reasons unknown, Peter Pawlowski doesn't seem interested.

I've loudly wished for bitstreaming in foobar, but never seen anyone claim that it can. VLC Player, yes, but for reasons unknown, Peter Pawlowski doesn't seem interested.
I don't recall the thread, but someone recently stated to me it would bitstream. But yes, rumour has it Peter said some time back he was not interested in it.
Yeah VLC will bitstream, no problem there.
I have PowerDVD Ultra 23 & JRiver, they of course will bitstream, although I'm having a hell of a time trying to get JRiver organized. (no patience I guess) In fact I just usually click the file I want to play from the Windows File Manager and I can use either to play .iso files or just JRiver for SACD.

But that still leaves I guess only Foobar for DVDA .iso playback. I don't rip beyond .iso files as a general rule, although I do buy MKV Atmos from the IAA shop.

Back