UGoos AM6B+ - End-Game 4K Media Streamer (for me anyway, and anyone who cares about Dolby Vision playback)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I value it for multiroom, metadata, many endpoint support and remote access. I paid the fixed cost as it is very important to me for all my ripped CDs and music downloads stored on my Synology NAS. You can also connect Qobuz and Tidal streaming.

Tidal just announced on Monday, it’s terminating its integration with Plex. The cofounder of Plex implied it was Tidal’s decision, and employees have flat out said it was Tidals decision. It’s an odd decision considering Tidal could use all the subscribers it can get. Plex monthly is half the cost of Roon, and lifetime is 1/8 the cost, so hopefully the premium price for Roon will ensure Tidal integration stays.

I'd quite like to know the answer to same question for the Ugoos AM6B+?

If using Kodi then SACD/DSF etc is converted to PCM.

I had it on my list to look at allowing passthrough in Kodi but since I don’t play SACD ISO, DFF, DSF etc I doubt I’ll do anything, as my SACDs have been converted to FLAC.

If using Kodi then SACD/DSF etc is converted to PCM.

I had it on my list to look at allowing passthrough in Kodi but since I don’t play SACD ISO, DFF, DSF etc I doubt I’ll do anything, as my SACDs have been converted to FLAC.
I'm sure I can provide you some multi-channel dsd64 samples if you need them ;)

Seconded on the interest in Kodi dsd passthrough and providing sample files HomerJAU.

That would be heroic feat indeed and celebrated around the world by the remaining freaks still clinging to the 'magic' of dsd :)

As I understand it, I the hurdle may be the HDMI interface on the AVR requiring some kind of officially supported secret handshake, ie from a device like a licensed blu-ray player. Due to that I believe the focus for such a way to do this on the pc side for example back in the day was some kind of driver to supplement or replace the one being used. No small feat to be sure. But I may be totally wrong or behind on this these days. Maybe the secret handshake is out there somewhere.

Back