Bonus Selections/Tracks on Quadios?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfbkfb

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
I went through my LP collection again recently and decided to buy the CDs (or buy the MP3 albums) of some of my LPs that for some reason I never bought the CDs of.

4 of my CD/MP3 album purchases have 2 or more bonus songs (sometimes described as the "unplugged" version or the "rough" mix of songs on the album), I was wondering if there are any "unplugged" or "rough" [quad] mixes of songs that could be included as bonus tracks on Quadios?

Kirk Bayne

There are publishing fees to be paid for each song on an album or CD. This adds to the retail cost of the item. That is unless the owner of the publishing wants to cut a deal and hand over a couple songs for free just to get some additional sales going on the other tracks.

At any rate, the Quadio pricing works because they are not adding any extra tracks, no two-fers, and not even two additional pages in the booklets. With $25 per BR, or 4 for $80, there is no room for anything more to be added. I really think that what we see is what we are getting. I'd like to be wrong here.

Back