Dylan Releasing 27 CD 1974 Tour w/The Band

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dylan-1974_product-shot_2-1290x938.jpg

I have the first tour with The Band (before they where The Band) 1966 Europe recorded from the soundboard , a little muddy sounding, 36 discs. Have I listened to every track, no way.
View attachment 107414
Definitely played all 36 discs in the '66 box.

Before the Flood and Concert for Bengladesh were my first substantive experiences with Dylan and made me a lifetime fan.

The SDE write-up says both SBD and 16-track sources. Is it too much to hope for a MCH from some of the 16-tracks? 🤞
Never give up and I’ll hold out hope, too… but not much. This seems to be the third in a series of Complete(ish) tour box sets. The one image we have keeps it in line with those in terms of packaging, pricing, and approach. Neither have those, I believe, have made it to streaming — beyond samplers (which this also has). At the very least. The sound quality should be excellent. Even the previously released tracks from Before the Flood should have less of an album polish, giving them a more real varnish.

I count myself lucky that these are getting better “copyright dump” treatment than my favorite tour (1965) that came out only as a lossy bonus with the $700ish 1965-1966 “electric trilogy” Bootleg Series. It’s also better than the early dumps that came out in inaccessibly limited quantities.

But you know, one never knows. Never in a million years would I have expected Time out of Mind in Atmos —or any of the 5.1 SACDs that I bought early on, eight years before I had so much as a home theater in a box setup.

So why post this? I’m very good at being wrong and so here I’m throwing that superpower at my hope for more Dylan in surround.

Before the Flood and Concert for Bengladesh were my first substantive experiences with Dylan and made me a lifetime fan.

The SDE write-up says both SBD and 16-track sources. Is it too much to hope for a MCH from some of the 16-tracks? 🤞
I was a student DJ in 1965 when “Like a Rolling Stone” came out. Being six minutes long, it gave me a chance for a bathroom break.

Last edited:
Back