Florida hurricane

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confirmation of 19 tornadoes in the state...damage reported..
Still with us, bud? I mean able to communicate of course, I know in my heart you will be OK.
Here, if the internet goes out we have limited cell coverage, as we piggyback off the router wifi. Hope you can stay in touch throughout if possible.

Still with us, bud? I mean able to communicate of course, I know in my heart you will be OK.
Here, if the internet goes out we have limited cell coverage, as we piggyback off the router wifi. Hope you can stay in touch throughout if possible.
It's about to hit the do-do very soon...my bedroom sliding glass door has been shaking...165k Duke Energy customers out of power...the internet and lights have been flickering... The reverse situation is sucking water out ...the wind wasn't coming from the storm in to the land...it was reversed...and the water level is going down..

The storm will hit in the Sarasota area first...what is good for us in Clearwater is bad for those in Sarasota and south...but we will get some strong winds..which is what I am concerned with...but it is moving faster and should be gone quicker that expected...I can't believe the power isn't already out and the cable is still on...that can't last much longer.

Sad story...150 on Longboat Key opted to stay and they are going to get a direct hit

Just had lightning
Yeah. My kid lost power a while back in Bradenton. They didn't have much choice about leaving as she had to work today, plus they have 5 dogs to care for. They are boarded up though in a solid home.
I bet Anna Maria Island and Longboat Key will be super f'd up, as they already pretty much were after Helene.
Anna Maria Island has held a special place in my heart since I was a child, and my wife and I honeymooned there.

But so has the greater Tampa Bay area been part of my life. From the crappy Tampa Beach, to the white sands of Clearwater and below, to the rock clubs I used to frequent from Tampa to Sarasota.
My Great Aunt lived across the street from St. Joseph's hospital, where my kid was born when I was in...the other side of the world.

What I'm trying to say is just be careful. We care about ya.

IMG_6877.jpeg

I am so glad I'm not taking a direct hit from this one, unlike the last three. Relieved, and I won't lie... But I know what it's like from experience, so I hate it for folks that will suffer from it.
It sucks a big green one, I know.
My Daughter said a few minutes ago it was quiet there...well we know what that means. More Hell to come as the eye wall passes I'm guessing.

Did anyone mention the date of the original post in this thread, and today's date? I am in northern Pinellas County and lost power at 9:15, nearly three hours ago. Glad it got cooler for this storm. Still very windy here. I feel very lucky to this point. Helene knocked the neighbors tree into my parents house. Thankfully we were able to get the holes temporarily repaired before Milt hit tonight. Rough night for many people I'm sure.

Back