Florida hurricane

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been kept informed by the BBC's reporting of this and all the other weather disasters that happen all too often. My heart goes out to all those affected and hopefully services and some form of normality will return soon.
Stay safe everyone.

BBC News - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cglkd1l82g7t
Hurricane Milton live updates: Five killed by tornadoes in Florida, as DeSantis warns of more Hurricane Milton flooding - BBC News

…and hopefully services and some form of normality will return soon.
There is a lot of support and cooperation among the utilities when a disaster like this strikes. I know that our local utility, PSE&G, is sending 250 linemen and others to Florida to help with outages. Many of them only have to travel from Georgia because they were already there, unfortunately, because of Helene.

Yeah, gotta agree. Born and raised in Tampa. In the 70s would get off work on Friday and drive to Marathon. Throw a sleeping bag out for the night, then drive south till noon. Dive for lobsters and fish all day., trying different spots.
50 yrs later took a gf on vacation to the keys, made me sick to my stomach all the condos, marinas, strip malls etc.
Natural beauty gone.
Use to drive back home for Christmas many times, 95 south, to 10 west to 301 south to the truckstop, then to 75 south. Small towns gone, country roads gone.

Yeah I miss the Florida I grew up with.......LOL, now I sound like my grandfather 😂
Same thing in most places, I’m afraid. When I got my driver’s license (1963), most of the interstates in SoCal didn’t go through. The one nearest my house was about ten miles long and was two lanes each way. Now it’s as long as it can get and five lanes each way. The area around Disneyland is unrecognizable.

I’m part of the problem in the Boise area. Twenty uears ago, where I live was farmland, and the farms keep disappearing even now.

I skated by with no damages to the house winds got to about 50 or 60 mph but we never lost power ,I have undeveloped lot next door with lots of trees on it, belongs to some guy who lived in the Tampa area.It dropped a large tree there thankfully it stayed on his side.My son lives in Gainesville and works CS for their power complany GRU it was a busy couple of days for him.A person I made friends with while I worked Santa Fe college lives in Ormand Beach Florida she has a foot of sewage in her house. :(

Same thing in most places, I’m afraid. When I got my driver’s license (1963), most of the interstates in SoCal didn’t go through. The one nearest my house was about ten miles long and was two lanes each way. Now it’s as long as it can get and five lanes each way. The area around Disneyland is unrecognizable.

I’m part of the problem in the Boise area. Twenty uears ago, where I live was farmland, and the farms keep disappearing even now.
Speaking of Interstates......When I-75 was being built thru the Tampa area, we use to drag race on 75 itself, as the overpasses hadn't been built yet. Baby butt smooth concrete for miles.
Police visited us a few times, which caused everyone to scatter, but they weren't interested in chasing anyone. Different time

Still waiting to hear from Mandrix, Clint, Sal and some others who haven't posted here for some time. Hope you guys are safe and sound!
Oh my apologies, I've put so much out that I've lost track where and when.
Came thur with flying colors here. Never lost power, cable, or internet all night.
I sat up in my recliner listening to music and watching TV all night. After being involved
with the neighborhood clean-up all day yesterday I finally got some sleep last night and just got up a while ago.
My brain must be fried as I just made a pot of coffee but forgot to put the pot back in. Then I had to clean up the whole pot off the counter and floor. 🤪
Thanks for the concern all !!!

Back