Gentle Giant "The Missing Piece (Steven Wilson Remix)" CD/Blu-ray set w/ Atmos, 5.1 and stereo (2/16/2024-Alucard)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How to describe the band Gentle Giant?

They were not on my music radar in the 70's. Probably because they were more into avant garde proggy music, which wasn't my thing then

Move forward 40 plus years and they are now a must have to add to my music library.

Mr Wilson has played a massive part in this discovery.

His interpretation of their music transferred into surround is pure genius.

Non more so than this latest release.

The Atmos mix is completely outstanding.
No gimmicks just his magical placement of various instruments and vocals in a true 360⁰ setting.

These musicians are masters of their craft and their skill and versatility shines through in this release.

This could be the best release yet from the Gentle Giant's impressive catalogue.

The instrumental version is very good too.
Although, unfortunately, not in Atmos.

Last edited:
STILL IN STOCK @ Deep Discount and with their current 15% off coupon [code: MADNESS] only $17.58

Coupon expires tomorrow!

https://www.deepdiscount.com/the-missing-piece-steven-wilson-remix-cd-blu-ray/804471000893

Deal Grabber
The Missing Piece - Steven Wilson Remix CD + Blu-ray

Received my copy from ImportCDs and enjoyed the listen. I have literally forgotten everything from this album, and found I like it more than I remember. So, for me this was really a fresh experience and the sound quality is good, and somewhat striking at points. The spatial mix is certainly engaging, and I am sure most of us would agree that "I Betcha Thought We Couldn't Do It" is totally out of place on this album!

Mine went from delayed with no date to April 5th and has stayed there. Something is obviously messed up, but its hard to tell what. I'll see what happens in a week...

Back