Greg Kihn Dead at 75 Charted w/Jeopardy & Breakup Song

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in ā€˜82, I had the pleasure of seeing the Greg Kihn band with The Romantics opening for them in Bloomington, IN. It was a mid-sized hall with good acoustics. Both bands rocked the house! I think I even saw them at Milwaukeeā€™s Summerfest around the same time. But I canā€™t remember. Too many beers and bratsšŸŒ­šŸŗšŸ˜‚šŸ’¦

My favorite radio station from middle through high school was 98.5 KFOX (KUFX) out of San Jose, California, successor to the (in)famous KOME. Greg Kihn was one of their longtime on-air hosts (mornings from '96 through 2012) and a fun radio personality. I was unaware that he had Alzheimer's. As he last performed in 2019, I'd guess it was a five-year illness, which sounds brutal. RIP. He was a real legend for this cameo:

His best song in my biased, warped opinion that never gets airplay. A pox upon the evils of corporate radio!!!!

Remember was the first Greg Kihn song I ever heard. Loved it. And I did hear it on the radio. Maybe it was because I live in the Bay Area, which also gave me the opportunity to see him play live all the time. I have all his albums. Has had a lot more than 2 or 3 great songs.

I saw him play at the Keystone Berkeley, with, if I remember correctly, Eric Martin as the opening band. This must have been in the lateā€™70ā€™s. I remember he got a lot of attention and airplay from KSAN FM.

I also remember when he was a DJ in the Bay Area. The last time I saw him live was when he opened for Cheap Trick up in Clear Lake in the midā€™90ā€™s.

I was happy for him to have had big selling hits and make it on MTV. He was a real genuine nice guy, and really cared about Rock and Roll.

This was the Bay Area ā€œhitā€ that I first remember him having, among others, before the MTV hits.

I saw him play at the Keystone Berkeley, with, if I remember correctly, Eric Martin as the opening band. This must have been in the lateā€™70ā€™s. I remember he got a lot of attention and airplay from KSAN FM.

I also remember when he was a DJ in the Bay Area. The last time I saw him live was when he opened for Cheap Trick up in Clear Lake in the midā€™90ā€™s.

I was happy for him to have had big selling hits and make it on MTV. He was a real genuine nice guy, and really cared about Rock and Roll.

This was the Bay Area ā€œhitā€ that I first remember him having, among others, before the MTV hits.

Eric Martin Band. I was in Modesto when I heard Sucker for a Pretty Face a few times but after a brief period evil corporate radio backed by a corrupt congress to become a monolithic entity controlling the airwaves dropped the song and good luck trying to hear it played via supposedly free radio(along with "free" broadcast TV) that we do pay for via paying for advertising costs embedded within the costs of goods and services bought.

Remember was the first Greg Kihn song I ever heard. Loved it. And I did hear it on the radio. Maybe it was because I live in the Bay Area, which also gave me the opportunity to see him play live all the time.
KZAP in Sacramento (also on 98.5 at the time!) used to play it all the time as well.

Back