Guy Fletcher "Anomaly" and "High Roads" - Dolby Atmos mixes now available as lossless downloads!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anomaly has been up on streaming for a while, but High Roads is exclusive to IAA (at least for now).

I've also done a Q&A with Guy covering his work with Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler, etc.
After reading the Q&A, I say I quite agree about using the front height speakers to "elevate" the fronts. I think it makes for a masterful sound if done well.
Also, are we going to get a disc of the BIA Atmos?
BTW I just bought the High Roads download, but have not listened yet.

I've also done a Q&A with Guy covering his work with Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler, etc.
Really substantive talk, as usual--great job.

So he'd like to remix Can't Buy a Thrill in Atmos, would he? Good on him! I'd just as soon the job went to Elliot Scheiner, though. Apart from everything else, and even if Scheiner is more of a 9.1.4 guy than a true Atmos guy, I still think he has a much better sense than Fletcher of just how much you can "pull things out" of a mix without having it "lose focus" or "fall apart." Totally get where Fletcher is coming from, though.

Now I want to check out Fletcher's album. And I'm really curious to hear this Airsound system.

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty nice having the lyrics displayed for each song.
Those images were in the digital booklet that Guy sent me, but they kind of reminded me of the visual display you'd see on some old DVD-A discs (like Fleetwood Mac's Rumours or Queen's A Night At The Opera) - so I put them into the MKV files.

Fletcher 01.png

Those images were in the digital booklet that Guy sent me, but they kind of reminded me of the visual display you'd see on some old DVD-A discs (like Fleetwood Mac's Rumours or Queen's A Night At The Opera) - so I put them into the MKV files.
Nice. I really like having lyrics when I listen. The nice thing about the way Kodi plays Atmos is, if the rip is MKV, it displays the supplied video, in this case the lyrics. If the rip is converted to MKA, there is no video and Kodi searches for lyrics on-line and displays them. Either way, I create the same cue file to play it.

Now if only the Kodi devs can fix the track timing for Atmos playback. The timing skitzes out and throws off the lyric timing.

View attachment 106794
Well then you did one hell of a job. Very nice visuals.

Back