The Libertines "Up The Bracket" - Dolby Atmos mix now available as a lossless download!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This album is so great. I can't speak for the Atmos mix, but if you like 2000's garage rock/post-punk revival (think The Strokes, The Hives, Interpol, Arctic Monkeys), this album is a must-listen!

Currently three tracks in, and I'm trying to get myself out of the headspace that things need to sound exactly as they do on the stereo mix.

We already have a number of extra bits, including some extra guitars, vocal snippets, and some alternate vocal takes in places.

I was pleasantly surprised at how involving the mix is, considering there aren't that many elements in play. Lots of backing vocals and rhythm guitars appear discretely from the side surrounds.

I was pleasantly surprised at how involving the mix is, considering there aren't that many elements in play. Lots of backing vocals and rhythm guitars appear discretely from the side surrounds.
What I like about mixes like this one is that they don't rely on the front soundstage and pull this or that to the back. That is, the back soundstage isn't just supplementary elements; its elements are nearly as important as the front soundstage's elements.

Once again locking this down to the USA and only accepting credit cards for payment is not really consumer friendly.
Baffles me why these companies do this

I wish that all of the streaming Atmos mixes would later become hq lossless downloads after a period (like one year) if they are not going to release them on physical media. For a fair low price, seems a win/win.

Are you sure about this? I have an friend in the NL that regularly buys from the IAA shop.
Yes if I click on the op links I get a "not available in your country" then a redirection to the suff you can purchase/ download outside the USA.You can use a VPN to get around it but I don't like giving my CC details to lots of different websites.Paypal would seem to be a no brainer but what do I know.

Yes if I click on the op links I get a "not available in your country" then a redirection to the suff you can purchase/ download outside the USA.You can use a VPN to get around it but I don't like giving my CC details to lots of different websites.Paypal would seem to be a no brainer but what do I know.
I did not know that some downloads were only available in the USA, Sorry to hear that.

Feeling around a 6 for this mix, and that doesn't mean it's a failure, by any means. I do find it comes across a bit clumsy at times and that it's pulling from the wrong takes or something (the start of "Horrorshow" being out of tune was rather odd). I'm guessing there were some edits made to the takes as they were being mixed. Some of it is rather surroundy and some of it isn't, and the rear speakers probably could have been used a bit more.

A good effort and a nice companion piece to the 2022 remaster! I would have loved some more work done to it, but this mix is absolutely a good effort as a whole.

Back