Hands down the best Atmos album I’ve EVER heard -

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jabwylie1968

Goodness knows how many years ago I knew of Suzanne Ciani when she was on Private Music label with Yanni and co. Liked her, wasn’t blown away, it was a bit lightweight.

Saw her pop up as new Atmos album on Tidal yesterday ‘Improvisations on four sequences.....’

I have new Yello Point disc, Kraftwerk , Booka Shade , this mix is mind blowing , knocks them all into very poor second space

Music is early Vangelis , Tangerine Dream , Jarre

astounding , this along with my last recommendation of Heiner Rennebaum Doppelquartet have made my tidal subscription worthwhile

listen , enjoy

Goodness knows how many years ago I knew of Suzanne Ciani when she was on Private Music label with Yanni and co. Liked her, wasn’t blown away, it was a bit lightweight.

Saw her pop up as new Atmos album on Tidal yesterday ‘Improvisations on four sequences.....’

I have new Yello Point disc, Kraftwerk , Booka Shade , this mix is mind blowing , knocks them all into very poor second space

astounding , this along with my last recommendation of Heiner Rennebaum Doppelquartet have made my tidal subscription worthwhile

listen , enjoy
High praise indeed. Thanks for the recommendation. I will give it a listen in stereo at my desk and then check out the Atmos on Tidal later on.

listen , enjoy
Is it in Atmos using the overhead speakers? Her previous album in Tidal (Live) it's only in 5.1

Some comments from the mixer (right job title?) about "stealth quad" Atmos release of Suzanne Ciani - LIVE Quadraphonic
Yes, that one is definitely in Quad, but inside and Atmos container. I checked very quickly the other album last week and thought it was also in quad, thus my question to the original poster. But I should be able to check myself later today

Yes, that one is definitely in Quad, but inside and Atmos container. I checked very quickly the other album last week and thought it was also in quad, thus my question to the original poster. But I should be able to check myself later today
I was able to do a quick check and Ciani's Improvisation on four sequences is plain quad, so it shouldn't be considered a demo album in Atmos, unfortunately (if we understand Atmos as containing info on the height speakers). Nonetheless is a nice surround mix

Is it in Atmos using the overhead speakers? Her previous album in Tidal (Live) it's only in 5.1

Thanks to @mkt for finding the thread with Ciani's producer(?) explaining that Live is a "stealth" quad in an Atmos wrapper. I didn't realize there was a second album, but given her devotion to quad, I would assume that it, too, is effectively 4.0.

I want to second the plug for the Heiner Rennebaum Doppelquartet, which was mixed by Kraftwerk's Fritz Hilpert. Not as dramatic as his work on 3-D or the Booka Shade albums, but still really good. You can purchase an Atmos mp4 download via Rennebaum's Bandcamp site.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...rt-atmos-mix-now-available-on-bandcamp.30066/

Thanks to @mkt for finding the thread with Ciani's producer(?) explaining that Live is a "stealth" quad in an Atmos wrapper. I didn't realize there was a second album, but given her devotion to quad, I would assume that it, too, is effectively 4.0.

I want to second the plug for the Heiner Rennebaum Doppelquartet, which was mixed by Kraftwerk's Fritz Hilpert. Not as dramatic as his work on 3-D or the Booka Shade albums, but still really good. You can purchase an Atmos mp4 download via Rennebaum's Bandcamp site.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...rt-atmos-mix-now-available-on-bandcamp.30066/
I second your opinion, Rennebaum's album is fantastic, that jazzy-Crimsonesque touch is fantastic

listen , enjoy
Thanks for the heads up! You can buy the album on her web site for $15. That price includes Quad, Ambisonic, 5.1, and Stereo mixes in 44.1 and 88.2 sample rates. Pretty amazing for the price! I wish more artists offered their music this way and I'm happy to support her without having heard the album.

Once you pay for the album you get a download link to a zip file with a 24/44.1 stereo file and pdf that includes a link to all the other versions.

https://www.sevwave.com/product-page/improvisation-on-four-sequences-at-festival-antigel-all-mixes

Back