High Quality Audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks as though they think the only way to listen to music is via headphones. I don't think I'll be telling my friends that. Quite the opposite, I try and persuade people off the damn things!

Correct, Headphone give an entirely different sound as the audio is piped into your ears through close in drivers- there is no room bounce or any carpet affect to the bass not that you want that but it is still there. They did make 4 channel headphone and they worked amazingly I thought- I have the Koss set which has two drivers per ear. But the foam has worn away but I suppose some company can make new ones if I went to look. A lot of stuff these days is hype and they already know they are dealing with a dumber audience- after all they sold then all smart phone didn't they? The old timers with common sense are the only thing to hold out.

I do not know. I left there about two years ago and also many other Technicians have left due to their moderation and lack of good taste in dealing with people that really know- I guess they would prefer to have people there that are always guessing.

Pictures suggest listening with headphones only. :mad:

It suggest that MQA going to the masses will make evolve the Hardware for the masses. Still with headphones, of course. :(

The article tries to sell streaming services (Only Apple and Spotify?), with the MQA protection (should be better than old MP3... ).

Really, NOOO, it really suggest that "we" audiophiles do 'sell' that streaming services to our ignorant friends.

Good move from the Industry!

Correct, Headphone give an entirely different sound as the audio is piped into your ears through close in drivers- there is no room bounce or any carpet affect to the bass not that you want that but it is still there. They did make 4 channel headphone and they worked amazingly I thought- I have the Koss set which has two drivers per ear. But the foam has worn away but I suppose some company can make new ones if I went to look. A lot of stuff these days is hype and they already know they are dealing with a dumber audience- after all they sold then all smart phone didn't they? The old timers with common sense are the only thing to hold out.
Check with Koss I believe some models have a lifetime warranty and they will restore them.

Back