I need a new decoder/processor/preamp - suggestions please

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godathunder

QQ Supporter
My semi-ancient Emotiva UMC-1 has given up the ghost and I find myself in need of a replacement

I currently have a 7.1 system but may as well use this as an excuse to upgrade to a 7.4.1 atmos setup

Im looking for just a processor rather than a receiver with built in amplification although Id consider that route if all else fails.

Needs to have 4+ HDMI, 1+ Toslink, 1+ Analogue Inputs. HDMI out and preferably unbalanced audio outs. Idealy a 12v output to trigger amplifiers

Im based in Ireland so can access the European and UK markets.

My budget is pretty modest - ideally under 500 euros. Consequently I expect I'll be looking at the used market rather than new

What models released in the last couple of years are worth keeping my eyes open for. If you happen to know of something for sale, I'd love a link to it.

So, all suggestions gratefully received

500 euros is about $550 US dollars, give or take. If you do find a used, Atmos capable AVP for that price let me know as well. I think the closest you are going to get is a used Emotiva MC-1 or a used Tonewinner AT 300. And neither one will handle high res 5.1 as good as your UMC-1 did. Maybe better luck with the preamp section of a used receiver that has blown power amps and pre outs.

Last edited:
Back