SPOTLIGHT Joni Mitchell The Asylum Albums (1972-1975) (Quadio Boxed Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love when people make assumptions. In my case, it is uncomfortable, my computer is not in my listening room.
A phone would not be that pratical.
I would again have appreciated a booklet. For lyrics, for production notes sadly missing here. It is not unusual in a box.
Rhino has given us nice reproductions of the original LPs with these boxed sets. They don’t give anything more (except in the case of the Joni set we got the mini-poster with the comments from Neil Young.)

yes, the type is too small for old guys like me to read. But I personally don’t find a phone to be impractical. Quite the opposite, in fact. While I’m listening to these albums, I’m reading up on them on my phone and getting much more detail than I would get from the liner notes. Sitting in my listening room reading on my phone is no less practical than would be reading a 5 x 5 booklet.

Mine shows it has shipped but the fedex tracking number given by rhino does not exist in fedex’s data base. It has been that way for some time. I sent a inquiry to Rhino yesterday but have not heard from them yet so I don’t know if it has fallen in some black hole.

Mine shows it has shipped but the fedex tracking number given by rhino does not exist in fedex’s data base. It has been that way for some time. I sent a inquiry to Rhino yesterday but have not heard from them yet so I don’t know if it has fallen in some black hole.
Are You sure it's with Fedex? I'd try the shipping number in DHL, USPS or UPS and see if you get a positive hit.

was wondering where my box was and I had to dig into the warner/elektra page to find out my box was delivered to CALIFORNIA(????) on April 22nd...
I reached out to them and they said that it had been returned to them and they are now shipping it to me...
bitching alert/rant...really? I had to TELL them it was RETURNED to them for them to SHIP it back again to me? I guess that if I had not said anything they would have kept my money and had an extra set in stock!!!!
Not digging this people...as someone who has basically worked in LOGISTICS all my life, I'd make sure the package is ALWAYS delivered to the client...
SO HARD GETTING GOOD HELP THESE DAYS!

so , yes, gurls, if you don't get your package from Warner/Elektra , DON'T expect them to remedy the situation on their own...caveat emptor!

Mailman just delivered Joni to me.

The shipping label on the packaging didn't read "Rhino Records Fulfillment" like it usually does - it read "Joni MItchell" on top instead! My wife was impressed that Joni was sending me a package 😝

I love when people make assumptions. In my case, it is uncomfortable, my computer is not in my listening room.
A phone would not be that pratical.
I would again have appreciated a booklet. For lyrics, for production notes sadly missing here. It is not unusual in a box.
I would not want any additional cost added to a box set.
I never understand with all the capacity on bluerays why the lyrics and liner notes arent included as standard. That way you can read the lyrics or any notes if so desired on a big screen while listening. This is something that DVDAs got right most of the time.
Some of us want the tv turned off or dimmed when we are listening. Lyrics and notes are out there to be seen, plenty of essays as well.
Don't know why they would include a booklet in the Mitchell box when there were none in the Chicago or Doobie Bros sets.
Exactly.
Adding another booklet just adds to the weight and cost of the set. When I've opened up these boxes and looked at the contents, I never get the feeling they are bare bones releases. The Joni Mitchell sets looks and feels classy, and covers are very accurate down to the correct embossed paper stock used.

Back