Steven Wilson King Crimson in Atmos! (2CD/2BD sets) LTIA 2023 / Red 2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is LIzard and WOP still happening?
I hope they are. The Deluxe Edition of the documentary In The Court Of The Crimson King-King Crimson at 50 from 2022 includes "Peace: A Theme" and mentions that it's 'from the forthcoming Complete In The Wake Of Poseidon Recording Sessions'. And I hope they don't forget Islands & Starless And Bible Black (and the rest of KC's studio catalog).

Just a guess, but I think weā€™ll get ā€œRedā€ and ā€œStarless & Bible Blackā€ later this year
I'm all for that but what about Lizard & In The Wake of Poseidon in Atmos? They were supposed to come out late 2023. DGM Live could make the 4 available at the same time like Rhino has been doing with the Quadio Series. Robert & Toyah could drop hints at Sunday Lunch

I'm all for that but what about Lizard & In The Wake of Poseidon in Atmos? They were supposed to come out late 2023. DGM Live could make the 4 available at the same time like Rhino has been doing with the Quadio Series. Robert & Toyah could drop hints at Sunday Lunch
Toyah prefers to drop other things at Sunday Lunch. Just ask @beerking. Seriously though, Iā€™d be all in Lizard!

Looks like Red is next - taken from Record Collector (via https://mastodon.social/@Doctor_J_):
1722888761041.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I'm in for all of them so I don't mind if they spread them out. Rather than continually re-buying permutations of existing titles, I'd much rather Fripp & CO. go back into the studio for one last album of new material. But as time passes hope for that has pretty much faded away. He's obviously having too much fun with Toyah on Sundays. ;)

Unfortunately, I'm in for all of them so I don't mind if they spread them out. Rather than continually re-buying permutations of existing titles, I'd much rather Fripp & CO. go back into the studio for one last album of new material. But as time passes hope for that has pretty much faded away. He's obviously having too much fun with Toyah on Sundays. ;)
That leaves 6 more days in the week.

I doubt very much that King Crimson will go back into the studio for one more album. However, I've heard that that they've recorded new songs during the time they were together (2014-2021) and that they may come out someday.

This is going to be THE Autumn for surround music. Thanks again @haikubass for being the perennial bringer of good news!

But I hate that I already have the CD/DVD edition (which is great). At least it wasn't the case with Larks'! šŸ¤Ŗ

However, it's Red by King Crimson! One of the best albums ever in my book. So I can only say...

acb.jpg

Last edited:
<deleted> Accidental double post. While I'm here, where's WAKE and LIZARD and ISLANDS?

Not in big boxes, please, I already have enough of that.
I'm sure the rest of King Crimson's catalog will get the 50th Anniversary treatment. And they'll put as much as they can on those Blu-Rays to make them worthwhile (without using big boxes).

Back