Kris Kristofferson RIP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R.I.P. Kris. Admired you as both a singer/songwriter and as an actor

Going to the head of my listening pile

KRIS KRISTOFFERSON • THE SILVER TONGUED DEVIL AND I, BORDER LORD, JESUS WAS A CAPRICORN, SPOOKY LADY'S SIDESHOW[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

KRIS KRISTOFFERSON • THE SILVER TONGUED DEVIL AND I, BORDER LORD, JESUS WAS A CAPRICORN, SPOOKY LADY'S SIDESHOW​

[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

Last edited:
I just watched the 4k Criterion blu ray of "Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid" yesterday, with Kris playing Billy The Kid!

I had a brief girlfriend back when I was graduating law school in 1978 who told me she had a thing for Kris Kristofferson and that I looked like him (I don't think so at all, and I'm a lot younger). But she never told me I could sing or was smart like him!

Kris was a musical genius!

I had the great fortune of mixing the live performances of Kris on QVC, the TV shopping channel, 25 years ago (August 26, 1999). Here are links to two of his songs that I uploaded to YouTube.

Bad weather prevented bassist Larry Paxton's plane to land in Philadelphia, so Jim Cox played the bass pedals on his Hammond B-3 to fill in the warmth.
Stephen Bruton is on mandolin and harmonies, Mike Baird is on drums. Kris was friendly and funny. After our soundcheck, I let Kris know that the makeup team was ready for him next to his greenroom. He laughed, and said to me, "Son, that would be like putting butter on a catcher's mitt." RIP, Kris.

Absolutely love the Sami Smith major hit with Kris's song "Help Me Make It Through The Night"
Some amazing lines in this one. Classic country "barroom" ballad. The complete album is fairly strong as well.

RIP Kristoffer Kristofferson.
20 essential songs from Rolling Stone:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...1235116076/to-beat-the-devil-1970-1235116079/

When my brother-in-law passed four years back, I pulled the quad Monument Jesus Was a Capricorn out of his LP crate.
His best album cover, with Rita Coolidge on the porch, airbrushed tallboy between her boots.
Only #1 hit, last track, Why Me.

Subsequently, the Dutton 4-fer quad SACDs let us hear that incredible run of albums in full fidelity with no surface noise.

1727709769446.png
O

Back