Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if these are new or not

At this point, I pretty much expect every release I'm interested in to not be on Tidal. And lo and behold, no American Idiot! So sad.

Glad the Oasis and Green Day ones seem to be more on the dud side...

btw, somebody recommended Dean Gray - American Edit the other day on the SDE comments section. I had no idea this existed. So I'm leaving the recommendation here. Look it up, listen, thank me later. :-D

I’m very pleased with Green Day - American Idiot overall. As with many Atmos mixes, the volume needs to be boosted on many channels to be more inline with the dominant Front L & R. One of my favorite albums sounding nice as a 5.1 mix in the car.

Do we know if this is the Atmos mix Chris Lord-Alge completed a couple of years ago?

There was an article in the Times a couple of days ago about this Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan album, which was in the RealWorld vaults for thirty-odd years. Also about Peter Gabriel's admiration for Khan, and Khan's key role in the Passion soundtrack, among other things. (Here's a "gift" version to get you past the paywall.) Was hoping this would get an Atmos mix. Hans-Martin Buff again?

Last edited:
Is the Thurston Moore mix any good? I have been listening to his first solo album Psychic Hearts recently.

I'm digging the music.
The mix has plenty going on, no center channel.

https://pitchfork.com/news/thurston...g-featuring-stereolab-laetitia-sadier-listen/

Thurston Moore has announced a new album. The Sonic Youth co-founder will release his ninth solo studio album, Flow Critical Lucidity, on September 20 via Daydream Library Series. Included on the new LP is a collaboration with Stereolab’s Laetitia Sadier titled “Sans Limites.”
Flow Critical Lucidity is Moore’s first album since the release of his Sonic Life memoir. He was forced to cancel book tour dates due to “a longstanding health condition.” In an interview with Mark Yarm for The New York Times, following the cancellation of the events, the musician revealed that he’s been living with the common heart rhythm abnormality atrial fibrillation for several years.

The album is showing up in the Spatial Audio section with just this one song in Atmos. Maybe the rest of the album is coming soon? 😁

It was on Tidal in RA360 a couple years ago. Maybe cleared for an Atmos release now that’s gone.

Back