Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELP Brain Salad Surgery DVD-A​

Z2voYth.jpeg

I'm blasting off with the latest from @Mr. Afternoon – stellar mix!
Screenshot 2024-09-07 at 11.51.40 AM.png
No poll thread; prerelease thread
here

EDIT: i first listened to the DVD-A disc, which did not play gapless. When the disc finished, the commentary track started, and it occurred to me to try the DVD-V disc. Success! The DVD-V disc plays back gapless, so i'm enjoying the disc playing back seamlessly as i type! Really engaging mix, music, and storyline! MAD LOVE to @Mr. Afternoon

Last edited:
Genesis A TRICK OF THE TAIL [Charisma/Multi CH SACD]

Primary
Secondary, 4 of 15

A SONIC MASTERPIECE on my new system. The electronics totally disappear and played at 77db discrete waves of sound totally engulf the listening room front and rear and even the sides kick in.

I've been listening to this album for years on various systems and even on Imported vinyl but this multi channel SACD played through my Meridian system is by far Nirvana unfolded.

Last edited:
View attachment 109068

On track 9. This album is mostly mellow but in a good way. Favorite track, Between Two Points. I just love Romany’s vocal on this track. On to the bonus tracks!
In such a good way for me, too! Love Polly Samson's lyrics as well as Romany's voice. What did you think of "Luck and Strange (original Barn Jam)" in the bonus tracks?

View attachment 109068

On track 9. This album is mostly mellow but in a good way. Favorite track, Between Two Points. I just love Romany’s vocal on this track. On to the bonus tracks!
I was just reading that "Between Two Points" is a cover of a 1999 song by The Montgolfier Brothers, I don't think he has ever done a cover on an album before - it is great.

Back