Love and Rockets and Pixies-disk's listed at Simon Heyworth website

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear you! Different is good...I totally agree. :) And this will be the last off topic comment I make on this thread...but for different what I really want is some of the more commercial 80's music. (late 70's too). I WANT THE CARS IN 5.1!!! For me..that would be a revelation....heck...even toss in some DEVO for fun. :):):) Joe Jackson, Elvis Costello....how about some Heart!! John Cougar...Mellencamp...on and on. I could go on forever.

Try running any Cars HDtracks album through SpecWeb... sounds extremely discrete; probably the best examples of how good these conversions can sound! I just did Oingo Boingo "Dead Man's Party" last night... also great!

I will definitely get the L&R BD. That's great news. And Simon A, you're absolutely correct. Tones on Tail's collection would be amazing in surround (Rain omg...).

Guess what? Doolittle and Seventh Dream of Teenage Heaven will finally be released on 12/9. pixies.GIF

Edit: They were pretty open with the technical details. I posted them to our website for those who are curious.

For $20 a piece? Hell yeah, I will buy them! Never heard either album before, but I think they are both worth a shot! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pixies album has a lot of layers so the 5.1 mix will be very interesting. It's been a million years since I heard the Love & Rockets album and I don't remember a thing about it!

Guess what? Doolittle and Seventh Dream of Teenage Heaven will finally be released on 12/9.View attachment 27548

Edit: They were pretty open with the technical details. I posted them to our website for those who are curious.

Finally, wonder why it took them so long to decide to put them out. Easy decision for me as both of these albums are 2 of my fav's from the 80's.

I think that this is the 5.1 mix from the 2009 Minotaur Box Set (which I have), so I won't repurchase, its got all the Pixies albums on a single Blu-Ray - great band, not what I would call exciting or discrete surround, but at $20 to get Hi-Res 2.0 & 5.1 Pixies its good value. If it turns out to be a new more discrete mix I'll get it!

I'm interested in hearing both of them but particularly the Love & Rockets release since Neil Wilkes mixed that one. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are going to be must orders people as Neil Wilkes mixed Love and Rockets in surround and I just saw the information on Pixies-Doolittle and it says Kevin Vanbergen mixed it.
Neil Wilkes involved in the L&R "say no more" thats enough information there for me and at Bullmoose they only mention Kevin Vanbergen but for Depeche Mode it was Kevin Vanbergen(tape restore and archiving),Kevin Paul did the 5.1 mixes and Simon Heyworth did the mastering. Well we already know that Simon Heyworth did remastering so my guess is its the same team with Kevin Vanbergen and Kevin Paul involved but I do not know that as fact as just guessing because of past projects and I can't remember but were they not all involved in Nick Cave 5.1's as well?

Anyways I am overjoyed by the news that these 2 titles are finally coming out, this is AWESOME NEWS today :)

Last edited:
Did someone say NEIL WILKES?? :cool: Auto ordered :banana:

Ordered that other one too, but no Neil on that one :p

Here's the link to the Beggar's Banquet site out of Canada. Very cool news that they've included 3 bonus tracks in surround, including their cover of Ball of Confusion. Can't wait for December. This is one of my favorite albums of the era.

http://www.beggarsgroup.ca/releases

Back