Marantz 4100 quad amp

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need the jumper plugs (or cables) in to use the preamplifier together with the amplifier. To use the amplifier separately remove the plugs and connect your source to Main In. Likewise to use the preamplifier separately the output comes from Pre Out.

I can't find a copy of the owner's manual just the service manual from HiFi Engine, Marantz 4100 but usage should be very straight forward without the manual. Perhaps someone here has a copy that they could scan?

4100r.jpg

I don’t know that particular piece of equipment, but from the photo of the connections, it looks like those jumpers are after the volume and tone controls and just ahead of the power amplifier. I can’t really say why they did that, but it sounds like all you want to do is use the amps, so I’d say that’s where you should plug in.

Make sure the volume control is down first time you power the system up. It could be a surprise.

I don’t know that particular piece of equipment, but from the photo of the connections, it looks like those jumpers are after the volume and tone controls and just ahead of the power amplifier. I can’t really say why they did that, but it sounds like all you want to do is use the amps, so I’d say that’s where you should plug in.

Make sure the volume control is down first time you power the system up. It could be a surprise.
That is how it's usually done. Separate power amps do not usually have volume balance and tone control functions, they are meant to be driven from a pre-amplifier. The Preamp section carries volume balance tone control and source switching functions and so could drive any other power amplifier with full control.

The purpose of the jacks is to allow connection of additional equipment such as a graphic equaliser into the audio chain. Removing the jumpers gives you the functional equivalent of having separate components.

Back