My Sansui QRX 9001

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all! I overlooked one thing in purchasing this receiver...preamp in/outs. This doesn't have those. So, I bought a Russound adapter for it. I use 4 small speakers for the optional quad stuff, but I want to run my amp through my big speakers for regular listening. My big speakers are 1000w Rockvilles and my amp is 2400w also by Rockville. I have my little speakers all connected to "B". If I run the adapter in "A", then I should be able to do this. Right?
IMG_20240303_162933637.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240303_162933637.jpg
    IMG_20240303_162933637.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
A is a speaker output, to connect to the "big amp" you should use the stereo tape output from the Sansui.

I don't know which Russound adaptor you are referring to but assume that it is a stereo unit used to patch or switch more inputs to the big amplifier?

You could just take the line level signal from the QRX 9001 tape outputs and feed that to you big Amplifier.

While what you describe will work OK you are feeding the signal all the way through the output stages of the Sansui which will add at least some noise and distortion. Not as pure as taking it straight from the tape outputs.

It's a Russound ADP 1.2 speaker to line level adapter. It works well, but I thought maybe someone knew another way. Thanks.
You can unplug the inputs to the driver boards and just take the signal from there. Open the unit and you will see the 2 white 4 pin plugs there. Or you can install a switch that will route the signal either to the external amp or to the driver boards.

Back