QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can give you my personal feelings but I do believe they are reflected in the feelings of many here. Whatever the number of channels used, I enjoy hearing them used for discreet positioning of the many instruments etc in the mix and not just as a way to add a lot of ambiance. It is the type of mix that many from the "2ch forever" world point out as being gimmicky but this allows us to hear much deeper into the mix and separate the individual musical parts. Immerse me in the artistry of the music in the way Michelangelo and the other great artists immerse us in their painting, sculptures, etc; artwork at the Sistine chapel and other places in Rome. These genius's understood what it meant to make the viewer part of the art itself.
I am in agreement generally with that. With technical and artistic restraints (in my own head), I do work on Immersion of Artistry. Not every song and project has things in it that work well panned back or moving, but I do look for those opportunities. I am not just putting ambience into a song, I am working on an Immersion into the song.

Back