New Sphere (Vegas, NV) venue it's bonkers (and immersive too!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would have loved to experience this Eagles show. Wonder if it'll be made into a film (sans most of the audience noise hopefully!)

U2 just turned their shows into a concert film… that can only be seen at the Sphere. It’s effectively the same show they did but on loop. They show it when there isn’t a concert/event going on, in addition to the Darren Aranofsky film.

I wonder if that might become a trend. I’m surprised there hasn’t been any concert film releases of these shows to home videos. On one hand I get it. Having been there for all 4 Phish shows, it’s something that *cannot* come across on a traditional screen. Even Phish’s own really good pro-shot uploads pales in comparison to the real thing… but also those visuals *cant* be cheap. Recouping them through a concert film seems to make sense.

U2 just turned their shows into a concert film… that can only be seen at the Sphere. It’s effectively the same show they did but on loop. They show it when there isn’t a concert/event going on, in addition to the Darren Aranofsky film.

I wonder if that might become a trend. I’m surprised there hasn’t been any concert film releases of these shows to home videos. On one hand I get it. Having been there for all 4 Phish shows, it’s something that *cannot* come across on a traditional screen. Even Phish’s own really good pro-shot uploads pales in comparison to the real thing… but also those visuals *cant* be cheap. Recouping them through a concert film seems to make sense.
Might happen on down the line as the venue (and it's excitement factor) ages, but then of course so will I 😩

Maybe do a partnership with IMAX 🤷‍♂️

Back