Oasis reunites for 2025 UK stadium tour

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pretty much the biggest news story over here! Hell must have frozen over... šŸ˜€ I'm so pleased! All the media outlets have had a live feed since 8am. Can't wait!

I read somewhere that there's going to be a US leg in August 25. The band homepage states 'world tour' as well

Oasis today end years of feverish speculation with the confirmation of a long awaited run of UK and Ireland shows forming the domestic leg of their OASIS LIVE '25 world tour. Oasis will hit Cardiff, Manchester, London, Edinburgh and Dublinin the summer of 2025. Their only shows in Europe next year, this will be one of the biggest live moments and hottest tickets of the decade.

They of course look as moody as ever for the promo photoshoot... Bet that was an interesting conversation to start with!

3c4762d8-7316-49d0-9614-151c95c10af3.jpg

Oasis is a great rock ā€˜n roll band, so this is welcomed news. Hopefully this reunion eventually leads to a new album (unlike GNā€™R which has yielded little new music).

I canā€™t figure out why Oasis was not more popular in the USA. (Whatā€™s The Story) Morning Glory? is an absolute masterpiece. Definitely Maybe is great, and the rest of the catalog is very solid.

I saw them in 2001 during the Brotherly Love tour in Mansfield, MA. I recall reading at the time that this was the largest crowd for an Oasis show in the USA. I was surprised (if true) as this is a sub-20,000 seat venue.

There are rumours of bunch of US dates and 1 date in Mexico City in September next year. Would definiely travel to see this historical and biblical event :p

Saw them once in town and it was great.

I canā€™t figure out why Oasis was not more popular in the USA. (Whatā€™s The Story) Morning Glory? is an absolute masterpiece. Definitely Maybe is great, and the rest of the catalog is very solid.
This is quite a funny quote from Liam Gallagher -

ā€œAmericans want grungy people, stabbing themselves in the head on stage. They get a bright bunch like us, with deodorant on, they don't get it.ā€

šŸ˜‚

Definitely Maybe is being reissued this Friday to celebrate 30 years since its original release. If the whole album is in Dolby Atmos (to go along with Supersonic) then itā€™ll go down as one of the best weeks in music ever!

Thereā€™s quite a bit of time between now and the gigs next year so you never know some new material may be done in time?

I canā€™t wait to see them again. They are my favourite band of all timeā€¦

They should have the Black Crows open for them in the States and call it the Pair of Bickering Brothers Tour.
Maybe the Knophler brothers could do a quasi Dire Straits reunion for the European leg. Or the Kinks.

This is quite a funny quote from Liam Gallagher -

ā€œAmericans want grungy people, stabbing themselves in the head on stage. They get a bright bunch like us, with deodorant on, they don't get it.ā€

šŸ˜‚
I think that is one of the reasons. Taking a piss on your potential audience rarely wins fans.

My first ever gig was Oasis at Irvine Beach, Ayrshire, July 1995. Tickets were Ā£12.50 I think. I bet they are 20x that for the new tour.
Doesn't really feel like they've been gone that long, especially as both brothers tour regularly and always play loads of Oasis songs

They should have the Black Crows open for them in the States and call it the Pair of Bickering Brothers Tour.
Maybe the Knophler brothers could do a quasi Dire Straits reunion for the European leg. Or the Kinks.
Thatā€™s funny because thatā€™s the lineup I saw at Molson Amp in Toronto back in 2001, the Tour of Brotherly Love featuring three pairs of brothers: Spacehog, Oasis and The Black Crowes.

https://www.setlist.fm/news/05-20/1...ckoff-brotherly-love-tour-w-12-songs-53d6af59

Oasis setlist - https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/oasis/2001/molson-amphitheatre-toronto-on-canada-73d5a6ed.html

Definitely Maybe is being reissued this Friday to celebrate 30 years since its original release. If the whole album is in Dolby Atmos (to go along with Supersonic) then itā€™ll go down as one of the best weeks in music ever!

Thereā€™s quite a bit of time between now and the gigs next year so you never know some new material may be done in time?

I canā€™t wait to see them again. They are my favourite band of all timeā€¦
Even better if we could see an sde blu ray of it with not just the lossless atmos mix but also a hi res 24/96 stereomix. Sadly it's unlikely to be dynamic due as Owen has said before that it's a characteristic with the stereomix down. Unless a dynamic stereo remix is also made that is.

I never really got Oasis or the entire Britpop thing. Colleagues and friends were going on about Blur vs Oasis and I didn't care less, I went back to my Queen and Jean Michel-Jarre albums. But then I don't get the Beatles either, yes there was some good music but they weren't that great. I'd far rather listen to Wings for example for some McCartney.

Back