Oneohtrix Point Never - Again (new Atmos mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The phrase I'm seeing a lot on this forum, 'your mileage may vary', does it appear to apply here.

I'm less referring to the music on this album and more to how we, as different individuals, approach albums. I tend to know straight away if it's an album I'm going to like, rather than immediately 'getting into it' (I'm all right with those albums too, though!). And I enjoy discovering the album from that point. Enjoying the journey. A little like meeting a uniquely different person who gradually becomes a friend.

Also, sometimes, for me, albums such as these can have a doorway in, so to speak. And this one does: A Barely Lit Path. The music of Oneohtrix is quite ground breaking and for me this new album of his is bursting with ideas and beauty and is perfect for Atmos.

Interestingly, albums such as these -- that take a little while to get to know -- tend to stay with me the longest down the years.

Big Big Train's new album was a similar experience for me.

Not real happy with the disc authoring on Again. I'm sure it's fine for most, but I prefer to see the track number/name displayed.
Yes, that annoys me too! The pop-up menu does let you know and fits in quite nicely with the rest of the graphics. But that disappears too after a moment. Ah well. Minimalism, I guess. Not that this is minimalist music, so really not needed.

Back