Pioneer vsx-91txh

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadchuck

I just got a great deal on my second Pioneer receiver. Although there are things I don't like and now there are 9 to 11 channel units, this 7.1 is fine enough.
One thing that annoys me is that, the THX and DTS license require they have to disable any internal/external EQ processing. Now for Movies this is ok but for Music I like to tweak EQ a Bit.
Previous receivers Pioneer had bridged RCA jacks in the rear that allowed you to insert some thing like an EQ between amps and preamps, they eliminated them, and my guess was the the licensing requirements.
I never did this with my first receiver but I did it with this seconds unit. I didn't however take pictures but,
when you open it up there are 2 rows of huge heat sinks for the amps. they back up to the input boards
on the rear panel, and there is a small long board called Assembly Bridge 2 that connects to the pre-amp
and processing boards deeper in the unit. If you pop out the bridge and cut foil traces of L,R,Sl,Sr and Center you can then wire either jacks or cables to the board.
I didn't want to drill holes for jacks in the rear panel so I opted to solder cables to the board. A bit tricky but I now have 10 cables coming out the back. I had to bend the top cover at the corner to allow the cables to exit unit with cover on.
I will soon have picture of the bridge, as I purchased a used one as a back up on Ebay.
Pioneer used this internal bridge board on more than just the vsx-91, so if you want to insert something
like this, it is doable. The board with the glare of the flash is the bridge.
1718921046501.png

Back