Qobuz 5.1 downloads. Any recommendations?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert van Diggele

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Qobuz is offering 5.1 downloads. To this day only in the classical genre, http://www.qobuz.com/nl-nl/quality/...]=24+bits+/+96.0+kHz+-+Multicanal+5.1#results

As I am not familiar with this genre, I would appreciate some recommendations. Are these any good from a performance and mix point of view?

Thanks in advance for advice.

p.s. today I wrote to Qobuz pointing to the Kscope catalogue and their expanding number of surround titles. I received a reply that Q would talk to the label. Not sure if this was some generic response or not. We will see :)

I'm working in getting some non-Classical titles I mixed in 5.1 released on Qobuz.

I'll let you know if it works out!

I'm working in getting some non-Classical titles I mixed in 5.1 released on Qobuz.

Alright! :upthumb

I'm not big on downloads (understatement).. but if its your work in 5.1 and we can't get it any other way of course I'd go for it.

Bonne chance! :p

Sounds interesting, keep us informed.

Then its just down to fighting Windows 10 to let me burn a DVD-A or BD-A of them, it disabled the drivers for both my burners and graphics this weekend, and it seems to hate the Lightscribe driver! :flame:flame

Qobuz also has a wide variety of matrix encoded material available. I've made lots of public playlists that you can search for - add 'SQ encoded' or 'QS encoded' and the content will come up and you can stream it/or download according to your plan. I wasn't aware of the 5.1 downloads though, that's very exciting news.

I just bought John Adam's 'Absolute Jest' as a 5.1 24/192 FLAC set to give it a go. Price was low and I'm looking forward to trying it tonight. I divide my time between two places and the system tonight is the 'B' system (also known as the one I upgraded from) and generally if it sounds good on that system, it will sound stellar on the 'A' system. I'll report back after.

Seems things are getting rather testy out there. Not only are we under 'notice' (attack?) by the IFPI, now these just came into my email from qobuz... is there a Cure for this?

Update of Qobuz general terms and conditions​
Hello,
We would like to inform you of important changes to Qobuz services and the update of our terms and conditions.

Certain recordings may be withdrawn from the service for legal reasons. To comply with our obligations and ensure the protection of intellectual property in music, we may need to block access to certain releases, both for download and streaming.

In these specific cases, any releases that customers have already purchased from the Qobuz Store will no longer be re-downloadable following the date of removal from the service.

No action is required on your part, but we recommend downloading your purchases as soon as possible after completing them.

By continuing to use our services, you are agreeing to our updated terms and conditions starting October 1st, 2024.

We are happy to answer any questions you may have.​
Download your music before removal​
Download your music before removal​
We want to inform you that some of the albums and tracks you purchased on Qobuz will no longer be available for re-download after October 1, 2024.

Due to legal requirements surrounding the protection of intellectual property, we are obliged to remove certain music from our service. We recommend downloading the affected albums and tracks before they are permanently withdrawn.

Here is the list of your purchased music that will be impacted:

• Born for This (album) by Royal Deluxe
  • SKULL SNAPS 50TH ANNIVERSARY (album) by SKULL SNAPS 50th Anniversary
Please know that we are doing everything possible to limit these removals and minimize any disruption to your music experience.

Need any help? Contact us here.​

Back