R.I.P. Guitar Player Magazine

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe one of the mods can change this thread title to Music Magazine Deathwatch because I think there’s going to be a lot more to talk about and not just guitar magazines.

Future Publishing in particular has a lot of music titles. If Classic Rock and Prog go down (again!), I’ll be crushed.

And I. I've been a subscriber since it was Stereo Review and was a much better mag. Excellent record reviews back then. Now they only review movies but Mike Mettler writes some good surround sound and reissue stuff. Still going to miss the physical magazine. I guess I'm old school.
Now there is no American publication that covers video equipment or movies on disc

Oh hell, no, I didn't read it clearly enough. Now that is a big HELL no. I do not like Stereophile, or at least, I didn't used to.
As a subscriber to Sound & Vision, I’m with you there. Stereophile reviews equipment that costs about the same as typical home in Idaho, and they have boring reviews of boring music

Maybe one of the mods can change this thread title to Music Magazine Deathwatch because I think there’s going to be a lot more to talk about and not just guitar magazines.

Future Publishing in particular has a lot of music titles. If Classic Rock and Prog go down (again!), I’ll be crushed.
Future also shut down appa
That was answered quickly... it’s a bloodbath.

Guitar Techniques and Total Guitar bite the dust, too.

do8ttahzn328cFfmrirE8B-650-80.png

jQucTNPJkKTMRW6VBasRPH-650-80.jpg
Pretty sad - I was starting to get into Total Guitar recently, as they often had articles focusing on music history and on a variety of players, not just on techniques

It would be a shame if they shut those down as well, especially Classic Rock

You would think Future was doing well with all the Taylor Swift and Harry Styles special editions that they released

how long has Total Guitar been running?
It appears issue #250 came out in 2014. If one divides 250 by 12, you get 20 as in 20 years. Subtract 20 from 2014 and we get 1994.

I just want to say I sucked at math in school so I don’t mind handing my paper to the person in the desk behind or in front of me to check my work.

It appears issue #250 came out in 2014. If one divides 250 by 12, you get 20 as in 20 years. Subtract 20 from 2014 and we get 1994.

I just want to say I sucked at math in school so I don’t mind handing my paper to the person in the desk behind or in front of me to check my work.
Which makes sense since the last issue cover says “30 Years of Guitar- meggedon”

Back