Rolling Stones SACD's Going OOP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosmic Debris

I read today on another music forum that the Rolling Stones Remastered Series SACD's are Out Of Print as of now. So I would be completing your collection now if you were planning on it. Acoustic Sounds web site has already jacked up the price of Hot Rocks to 49.99 so the gouging has already began.

There are still plenty of copies floating around....but yes, do get whatever you need now, before the thieves take over...

ED

deepdiscountcd has all of them fairly cheap. I just ordered all of the "hits" discs, (even though they are stereo only :( ). Get 'em now while you can.

What a fooking shame...................

Do the non-SACD versions come in a plastic jewel case instead of the paper digipak?

I am thinking maybe I should pick up "More Hot Rocks" if I find it locally, but since the SACDs didn't mention anything on the outside, I'd sure hate to accidently just buy the regular CD version.

I already have "Hot Rocks" and, of course, that borderline lame SACD-single of "Sympathy For The Devil" (but at least they tried for surround). I figured I was all set and didn't need any more discs, but now I figure maybe one more album can't hurt. Well... maybe two. (I still want to pick up the CD of "Exile". Too bad no hi-rez.)

I noticed this last week when I went to the local record store, they had some of the new ones which are in plastic jewel cases and labled "dsd remastered" or something like that. They also had the SACD versions marked down to $10 each, so I grabbed all I could.

Well... Tonight I decided to head out of town and pick up "More Hot Rocks", fully confident I would find it somewhere. Best Buy didn't have it, which is a shame because I ended up paying a little bit more than they would've charged. Oh, well... I got to support the little guy. Interstingly... I saw a few copies of "Let It Bleed" at normal prices, which makes the $40.00 Acoustic Sounds is charging seem a bit high. But I suppose that once they're gone, they're gone. So, whatever. Right?

I went to Tower Records in San Diego tonight earlier and they still have an abundance of them in the racks ,but as most already know at the suggested retail price of 18.99 and 35.99 for "Hot Rocks" and "More Hot Rocks" releases. I am only missing a couple now so will find them somewhere yet hopefully a little cheaper than 18.99 yet.
The best on line price I see right now is at deepdiscountcd.com . 11.97 for the single dis sets and 23.97 for the doubles.

All I have is the Sympathy disc...which I haven't played since the day I bought it. Have no desire for any of the others. Hot Rocks on cd sounded bad enough.

daved64 said:
All I have is the Sympathy disc...which I haven't played since the day I bought it. Have no desire for any of the others. Hot Rocks on cd sounded bad enough.

Probably not as good as sound as the London Original release of Hot Rocks that's for sure but "Beggars Banquet" and "Let It Bleed" sound great and I highly recommend those titles over any previous releases. I also like the UK Aftermath SACD version really well. I just wish they would have done them in glorious 5.1 surround but I guess we can't have everything.

Cosmic Debris said:
I read today on another music forum that the Rolling Stones Remastered Series SACD's are Out Of Print as of now. So I would be completing your collection now if you were planning on it. Acoustic Sounds web site has already jacked up the price of Hot Rocks to 49.99 so the gouging has already began.

Thanks for the tip, I've been looking at "The Singles Collection -The London Years" (SACD) for some time now, but dragging my feet. So I jumped on it this morning! (Before the price goes up). It has the songs from Hot rocks and much more, with the exception of "Under My Thumb, Gimme Shelter, & Midnight Rambler". The latter two I have on "let It Bleed" (SACD). I already have Hot Rocks on CD, and Vynil. So this will round out my collection nicely. (y)

Back