HiRez Poll Seal - SEAL (1991 album) [Blu-ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Seal - SEAL (1991 album)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this brand new reissue of the debut album by Seal.
This new reissue on Blu-ray Audio disc from Rhino records contains the original stereo mix, the 5.1 surround mix previously available on DVDA-V, and a brand new Dolby Atmos mix.

(y) :) (n)

Seal_SEAL_BluRay.jpg

I'm a bit surprised that more people haven't posted reviews on this release. Perhaps everyone is holding off on purchasing it, like me, awaiting more information on the mix ;)
I waited a bit myself to hear reviews before placing my order, but given how much I love the album, I figured I'd better give it a go. It should be here soon....

I have the DVD already and, since I don't have an Atmos system, it's almost silly for me to buy it. But, I've seen that DVD selling for $100+ on Discogs and eBay at times. Might be worth me selling and picking up a $25 Blu-ray. 🙂 (Although I can't imagine sellers getting that kind of $$ for the DVD now that this has been released.)
Is the 5.1 on the Blu-ray the same as the one in the DVD?

I have the DVD already and, since I don't have an Atmos system, it's almost silly for me to buy it.
Is the 5.1 on the Blu-ray the same as the one in the DVD?
The Atmos mix of this debut of Seal's sounds better on my 7.1 system than the 5.1 mix. The opposite I'd say is the case for his second album. The Atmos mixes of both are not simply "expansions" of the 5.1 mixes, but entirely new mixes in their own right, so you'll be getting a new experience even in 5.1.

That being said, I'm not certain that the 5.1 mix is the same as the original 5.1 mix, but I'd imagine it is. (I don't have the DVD-A release.)

Back