Silverline DVD-A Winners & Losers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Silverline 'beauty' should be played in STEREO as it sounds incredible especially through the SUPER DSP mode of my Meridian pre/pro

Primary
Secondary, 2 of 5
I bought the Rick Wakeman “From the Fromt Row” and it sounded like it was recorded on a cassette in someone’s purse. Absolurely awful.

As I have said in another thread, I got inside information that most of the fake surround mixes were done because of a lack of multitracks and contractual obligations. Silverline was supposed to get multitracks for everything, but they didn't.

Interesting thing to note, Silverline was actually responsible for setting up things for DVD-A to get invented in the first place.

As always, AMAZING work! A check on discogs reveals that i have 18 Myutopia discs, and i can assure you that your suspicion is correct: they are all real mixes!

Thanks Clem - these are the ones that I haven't got mix information for, can you confirm that you have them specifically? If you want to do capsule reviews for each one in the Now Listening thread like you did for the Correctional Facilities release, even better, I would link to them in my REAL/FAKE column like I've linked to discogs in the catalog # columns.

ArtistTitle
SUPER JEWEL
Catalog #
Release Date​
DUALDISC
Catalog #
Release Date​
5.1 Mix
REAL/FAKE​
5.1 Engineer
Poet Name LifeCell One: The Sound Proof Walls..Rich Fowler
DJ Motiv8Cell Two: From Hip Hop to Drum and Bass..Rich Fowler
Daddy KevCell Three: Penchant For Buggery..Rich Fowler
The GrouchCell Six: My Baddest B*tches.James Stone
The SecretCell Seven: Feel It All The Time..Rich Fowler
DJ Haul and MasonCell Eight: DJ Haul & Mason..Rich Fowler w/Marc Lindenberg
DJ Haul and MasonHalf Baked Goods..James Stone

Thanks Clem - these are the ones that I haven't got mix information for, can you confirm that you have them specifically? If you want to do capsule reviews for each one in the Now Listening thread like you did for the Correctional Facilities release, even better, I would link to them in my REAL/FAKE column like I've linked to discogs in the catalog # columns.

ArtistTitle
SUPER JEWEL
Catalog #
Release Date​
DUALDISC
Catalog #
Release Date​
5.1 Mix
REAL/FAKE​
5.1 Engineer
Poet Name LifeCell One: The Sound Proof Walls..Rich Fowler
DJ Motiv8Cell Two: From Hip Hop to Drum and Bass..Rich Fowler
Daddy KevCell Three: Penchant For Buggery..Rich Fowler
The GrouchCell Six: My Baddest B*tches.James Stone
The SecretCell Seven: Feel It All The Time..Rich Fowler
DJ Haul and MasonCell Eight: DJ Haul & Mason..Rich Fowler w/Marc Lindenberg
DJ Haul and MasonHalf Baked Goods..James Stone
Own them all! I'll follow up with capsules. Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

Back