Sparkle In The Rain - 40th Anniversary Edition With Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splinter7

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I received an email from Simple Minds that they are releasing a 40th anniversary edition of “Sparkle in The Rain” and a digital Atmos mix late November this year.

No mention on who did the Atmos mix.
However SW did the last addition.
Unfortunately, not even the king could clean up what comes across as a muddy mix in my estimation.

IMG_6325.png

IMG_6328.png

Attachments

• IMG_6327.png
    IMG_6327.png
    770.7 KB
  • IMG_6329.png
    IMG_6329.png
    772.7 KB
Last edited:
40 Years of Sparkle In The Rain
Simple Minds are celebrating the 40th anniversary of their classic 1984 album ‘Sparkle in The Rain’, with new special edition products to be released on November 22nd. Fans can look forward to a 4CD box set, a transparent blue vinyl, and new Dolby Atmos mixes available digitally.

The 4CD box set features the remastered original album, alongside b-sides, rarities, a 1983 BBC Radio 1 session, and a live concert from Glasgow's Barrowland in 1984. It also includes a 36-page booklet with exclusive sleeve notes, interviews with Jim Kerr and Charlie Burchill, and extensive rare photos of the band and memorabilia from the period.
The transparent blue vinyl offers the full album on special edition eye-catching coloured vinyl.
Pre-order both editions now via the link below, along with exclusive Sparkle In The Rain t-shirt designs, available for purchase.

No mention of who did the Atmos mix, but Steven Wilson did the previous 5.1 mix so here is hoping they used him again.

https://simpleminds.lnk.to/SITR

unnamed.jpg

40 Years of Sparkle In The Rain
Simple Minds are celebrating the 40th anniversary of their classic 1984 album ‘Sparkle in The Rain’, with new special edition products to be released on November 22nd. Fans can look forward to a 4CD box set, a transparent blue vinyl, and new Dolby Atmos mixes available digitally.

The 4CD box set features the remastered original album, alongside b-sides, rarities, a 1983 BBC Radio 1 session, and a live concert from Glasgow's Barrowland in 1984. It also includes a 36-page booklet with exclusive sleeve notes, interviews with Jim Kerr and Charlie Burchill, and extensive rare photos of the band and memorabilia from the period.
The transparent blue vinyl offers the full album on special edition eye-catching coloured vinyl.
Pre-order both editions now via the link below, along with exclusive Sparkle In The Rain t-shirt designs, available for purchase.

No mention of who did the Atmos mix, but Steven Wilson did the previous 5.1 mix so here is hoping they used him again.

https://simpleminds.lnk.to/SITR

View attachment 110037

all-new Atmos mixes by Bob Clearmountain ✌️🤩

@djstephan - Good catch, I didn’t see that.

Pure conspiracy theory but maybe that was supposed second announcement from SDE a couple of weeks ago?
I think you could be right.
I am sure we will find out soon enough as this was only announced today and would make sense that they could not announce the Atmos SDE before making announcement about this 4 cd boxset.

Back