Spinners Quadio - identifying the defective disc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But that is history as it went down. I wouldn't rewrite it it now.

Well, a bunch of posts don't necessarily need to be deleted, but given that it's not noted in the opening post, it can be very confusing for anyone approaching the thread who isn't privy to what's going on.
Since you were the guy who raised the issue in the second post of this thread,
I believe you will find, as a paid-up QQ supporter, you have unlimited permission to edit your posts to your satisfaction.

Since you were the guy who raised the issue in the second post of this thread,
I believe you will find, as a paid-up QQ supporter, you have unlimited permission to edit your posts to your satisfaction.
No, I only have that permission for an extended period compared to non-supporters.

Well, a bunch of posts don't necessarily need to be deleted, but given that it's not noted in the opening post, it can be very confusing for anyone approaching the thread who isn't privy to what's going on.
I would have raised the volume level issue in another thread rather than the ratings poll myself knowing it would potentially tank the disc’s reputation permanently.

But since it was a legitimate issue and found to be worth a revised disc being issued later. It’s fair game and so it should stand as is. You can be confident in your assessments here and going forward. At least it is correct information.

@rtbluray Can the opening post be amended to note the error in the initial pressing and perhaps how to tell the difference between the two releases? The thread opens essentially with criticism of channel balance and it's not representative of how the disc would sound if you bought it off retail today.

IMHO you are over-thinking a trivial matter.

Kudos to you for being the first one to raise the alarm on the balance problem.

Your post above is on the record for any imaginary buyer in the future who might be so foolish as to be put off from buying the disc without bothering to read enough to get the full story, or ask for clarification.

The votes stand as an endorsement of the quality of the release.

The story has a happy ending as Rhino immediately owned and corrected the problem.

History records that a very small number of the first pressing got into the wild, and were all replaced with the V-2 version mailed to the addresses of the original orders.

Over & Out.

i consider to buy from resellers...now the doubt you see!
@quadrifonico Keep in mind there are two different listings on Discogs, too.
This is the new release: https://www.discogs.com/release/29531200-Spinners-Spinners

The distinction is in the notes:
1000009277.png

Back