HiRez Poll Storm Corrosion - STORM CORROSION [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Storm Corrosion - STORM CORROSION

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this new Blu-Ray Audio edition of the album "Storm Corrosion", a project written and performed by Steven Wilson & Mikael Akerfeldt.
Originally released in 2012 with a 5.1 surround mix by Steven Wilson, the album has been newly reissued on Blu-Ray Audio disc with a new Dolby Atmos mix also mixed by Steven Wilson alongside his original 5.1 surround mix from 2012.

(y) :) (n)

91zpHGloZUL._SL1500_.jpg

71BNf16FlpL._SL1007_.jpg

71C1whUuz8L._SL1200_.jpg

I wish I could give this more than 10, absolutely magnificent, if you have the original 5.1 blu ray and an atmos setup this is definitely worth buying again.
I have been listening to the original and imagining what i’d like to hear from above and as usual SW has knocked it out of the park.
If you’re not a Steven Wilson or Opeth fan i’d say this would be a very hard listening experience as it is so dark and different

It's not a release I've played very often.
But this updated version will get plenty of repeat plays.
Steve's Atmos treatment of his own music is exemplary.
As soon as the first track fires up, I'm enveloped in everything I crave from Atmos music.
It this is an example of what he can do with his previous releases then bring on Porcupine Trees classics.
Back in the day I might have baulked at paying twice for the same album. Not anymore.
Dolby Atmos rules, on my circa 2018 7.1.4 set up.
I too wish I could award this humdinger a score higher than 10.

Back