HiRez Poll Storm Corrosion - STORM CORROSION [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Storm Corrosion - STORM CORROSION

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
You're lucky. I really, really wanted to have a system including Wides but I simply don't have the space to install those speakers at the proper locations, so I had to eventually settle for a 7.2.4, which isn't bad anyway because I could setup those really well.

My Blu-ray is on the way, will review the Atmos mix soon. I'm very familiar with the stereo and 5.1 mixes - it's one of my most listened to albums in the last few years (35 spins from start to finish according to my last.fm, plus a few more of some specific songs).

If your room/setup doesn't call for it, you're not really missing anything. I've gotten to experience wides in various rooms. If you have a large gap to fill between the fronts and rears along with speakers that don't have a wide soundstage, they are excellent additions. If your front speakers throw a wide soundstage and you don't have a discernable gap in the front to rear imaging, they tend to be superfluous.

I recieved this a few weeks back but just got to audition it..

This is a completly new record for me. I never heard any of it before. I do have most of Wilsons catalog, and a smattering of Opeth though, the non-growl stuff anyway.

If there were an award for most active mix, this would certainly be a contender. Mixwise it's demo material. (5.1.4 here). Lots of discreet elements in the heights. Very noticeable. Very cool.

Im still trying to digest the content. It has some great moments. Very proggy, with nice sonics. But sometimes it drags a little and I need to figure out what the lyrics are about. It's at least an 8 so far.

Back